RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill Called me late last night (I was asleep). He said he got a 2nd in the Open and the dog that got 1st was perfect all the way through. I didn't ask due to barely being concious... who the winner was.

Anyway...the 2nd earned Ammo her CFC & CAFC title as well. Could it be that a Golden and Chocolate did all that at the same trial?? Way to go to Judy, Bill and their dogs!!!

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Bill Called me late last night (I was asleep). He said he got a 2nd in the Open and the dog that got 1st was perfect all the way through. I didn't ask due to barely being concious... who the winner was.

Anyway...the 2nd earned Ammo her CFC & CAFC title as well. Could it be that a Golden and Chocolate did all that at the same trial?? Way to go to Judy, Bill and their dogs
!!!
what were the odds of that happening....Congrats to ALL the connections of both dogs..I think its great to see dogs of all types going north and securing Canadian titles, wish that more would attempt it,think its good for the FT game

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Good on Bill and Ammo!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Way to go Ammo CFC and CAFC along with qualified for NatiOnal Amatuer this year

Great Job Ammo

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It runs in the family...daddy Roux wins the AM at North Texas today!! Way to go Roux and Frank Price!!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts

Great Job Ammo
Good for them...... They don't let any grass grow under their feet do they ?

john

·
Registered
15,660 Posts

Great Job Ammo
the second place in the Open in Canada would also qualify them for the Canadian National Am and Open if I remember their rules correctly...same with Trek

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the second place in the Open in Canada would also qualify them for the Canadian National Am and Open if I remember their rules correctly...same with Trek
You are right Bon... I think it just takes a place, 4th or better...

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good for them...... They don't let any grass grow under their feet do they ?

john

HaHaHa!!! Love it! I have no idea how he does it. The dog handles it fine. But I sure could not handle that much travel. Heck, he was in Florida last month, now he is running in Vancouver Island BC today!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
HaHaHa!!! Love it! I have no idea how he does it. The dog handles it fine. But I sure could not handle that much travel. Heck, he was in Florida last month, now he is running in Vancouver Island BC today!

....and he is judjing the AM.for LRC here on the east coast next Sat

john

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
A GOOD DOG IS A GOOD DOG!:):):)

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
So, to top off the Canadian trip, Ammo won another Open yesterday. As Jeff said above 2 - 1sts & 2 - 2nds in the 5 stake trip. Good going Bill & Ammo!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
way to go to Bill and Ammo it sure is nice when hard work pays off. All that talk of driving is making me tired;)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Good observation, Doug. I always thought it was buying new tires. I had a blowout and had to buy new tires the morning Trek won the Qual in Texas, and then I bought new tires the day before he placed in the Am in Montana. Kind of an expensive good luck charm. But maybe judging Samish is a new key to success.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Ammo and Bill earned another win in Canada yesterday. They were running great all week. Very well-deserved ribbons and new titles.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thanks to all for the complements!! Ammo and I just got home to Montana.

I can’t thank the folks in BC enough for putting on such nice trials. I had a great time, with great people, great dogs, great judges and great tests.
Take Sunday for instance, it started off with a very difficult in-line triple shot short to long with the first two retired. The judges got your attention and hart rate up right off the bat. It had about a 50% success rate. The blinds were very fair but difficult with a poison bird on the water blind. They finished with a water quad that looked almost undoable. The two outside birds retried. One thrown on land and one in cattails. The middle bird was out of a boat anchored in cattails but thrown across a channel onto a island. The forth bird was a breaking bird/wipe out bird launched about 10 feet off the dog’s left hip. Nine dogs were back and two completed the test without handling. Ammo even amazed me on this test. Everyone should make a trip to Canada to run their trials. We had a blast and look forward to running more trials in Canada…..Bill/Ammo

·
Registered
401 Posts
Bill....Glad you enjoyed the Canadian Experiance. Maybe you should come east and play in some of the bigger Canuk trials and enjoy our hospitality. Really hope to run against you and Ammo at the National this year in Iron Bridge....great people...fantastic grounds....first rate experiance.

Gar Clark
President Long Point Retriever Training Club.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts