RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always see people referring to bitch lines when buying a puppy. Always saying to look at the bitch before the stud etc etc., so with that being said, what are the Top bitch lines, or maybe your top 5??!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
The same as the top five stud lines.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Just looking at the National Championship and National Amateur Champiionship since 2019, the following are the bitches with multiple offspring running:

2019 National
3 puppies - FC AFC U.S. First Lady
2 puppies - AFC Beat the Ruch, FC AFC 3R's Carbon Calie, FC AFC Indi Go Girl UD, FC AFC Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog, FC AFC Patton's Blazed Abby, Mad River's Supernova, Seaside's Warrior Princess, Tiger Mtn's Ghost Rider One

2019 National Amateur
4 puppies - FC AFC Indi Go Girl
3 puppies - Kerry Around A Duk Dawg, FC AFC Patton's Blazen Abby
2 puppies - Baypoint Gypsy, FC AFC Hardscrabble Carbunnation, FC AFC Machthree's Edge, FC AFC Maple Creek's Mattie Mae, FC AFC Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog, White Oak Rainy River

2020 National
3 puppies - FC AFC Indi Go Girl, FC Creek Robber's Black Powder Meg, Seaside's Warrior Princess
2 puppies - FC AFC Patton's Blazen Abby,

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Just looking at the National Championship and National Amateur Champiionship since 2019, the following are the bitches with multiple offspring running:

2019 National
3 puppies - FC AFC U.S. First Lady
2 puppies - AFC Beat the Ruch, FC AFC 3R's Carbon Calie, FC AFC Indi Go Girl UD, FC AFC Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog, FC AFC Patton's Blazed Abby, Mad River's Supernova, Seaside's Warrior Princess, Tiger Mtn's Ghost Rider One

2019 National Amateur
2 puppies - Baypoint Gypsy, FC AFC Hardscrabble Carbunnation, FC AFC Machthree's Edge, FC AFC Maple Creek's Mattie Mae, FC AFC Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog, White Oak Rainy River

2020 National
3 puppies - FC AFC Indi Go Girl, FC Creek Robber's Black Powder Meg, Seaside's Warrior Princess
GZreat list.
However usually by the time a bitch makes this list her breeding days are generally nearing the end or behind her

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

2019 National Amateur

2020 National
looking forward to combining these two lines, soon. (hopefully!) :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Lottie line, best producers of all time.
In my AA dog Annie's pedigree on the dam's side four generations back are both the Ziparoo x Lottie breeding and the Honest Abe x Lottie breedings.

Specific to her pedigree, these produced FC AFC Hawkeyes Candlewood Shadow and AFC Candlewoods Ms Costalot.

A little far back, but pretty good to see that on the bottom side of her pedigree!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
I think the Dust Devil's Desert Duk MH is one of the best bitch lines. "Kerry Around a Duk Dawg" mentioned above goes back to this bitch line.

Anyway, her offspring...and her offsprings offspring prove to be productive for generations now. Here is what she produced in just her litters:

FC Duk Dawg Of NIckajack
FC Eagle Ridge Fullback
FC AFC Izzee-a-duk Dawg (produced 2 FC's, 1 AFC, 2 FTCH, 1 AFTCH...and his daughters are producers)
FC AFC Rsk's Smooth Sailing
FTCH AFTCH A Jay IV
NFC-AFC Five Star General Patton (who is also proven producer -produced 22 FC"s 17 AFC's; and there are of course several Patton bitches that are proven producers)
FC AFC Fordlands Bored Out Ford (who is also proven producer - produced 14 FC's, 15 AFC's)
FC AFC Pleasant River Kate
FC AFC Tequila Sunrise IX (1 NFC Juice, 9 FC's, 8 AFC's, 16 QAA) - Fun fact about Tequila Sunrise IX...did you know she had "Fair" hips? These days she probably would not have been bred. She produced FC AFC Weezer Retreezer who of course produced NAFC Tubb. What if she had not been bred? The FT world would look a little different today.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
FC AFC Izzee-a-Duk Dawg was actually a big male owned by John Darling out of his second breeding of Dust Devil's Desert Duk (Kelly I believe, but may be wrong). I was fortunate enough to be around John and Izzee a bit.

Izzee was the sire to HRCH UH Molly Izza Duk Dawg (produced one titled FTCH AFTCH dog that I know of and several QAA dogs). Molly was a litter mate to FC AFC Aksarben's Black Sky MH. I trained with her a lot and probably the best eye sight I have ever seen. She had the talent to play the all-age game, her owner and I were just getting started in the dog games and were running hunt test. She was bred to Benji Griffith's POW before he was titled. Not sure if it was POW's 1st or 2nd breeding

Molly and POW produced HRCH Kerry Around a Duk Dawg MH QA2 (has three AFC titled puppies so far. One is an FC and mine needs 1.5 open points for her FC). Both Molly and Kerry owned by Jim Houldridge. She is also a litter mate to my old man HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This QA2. He always had the coolest name running.

Kerry (named after my wife because she was the bitchinest puppy in the litter) is the dam of my AFC Hope She's a Duk Dawg (Oakley). Oakley has proven to produce a couple of real nice young dogs just starting their all-age careers with Snapper. Brew (This Beer Is Making Me Awesome QA2) is mine out of that line.

One of Kerry's puppies, Rain, was the dam to 3 dogs that ran this year's Derby national. One (Link) had 33 points and another (Rocky) had 21 points. She just had a litter of 13 puppies that will be playing the game soon.

One of the best things I've seen out of this line is the health. Molly died last year at 15. I'm not sure if Sky is still alive, but I know he was old too. Kerry and Colby are still running strong at 10.5. Haven't heard of any health issues from many at all.

Reactions: Tobias
1 - 20 of 52 Posts