RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have two extemely well bred female puppies from same litter and one is black and one is light yellow. Sire is black NAFC and Dam is yellow CNAFC. All things being equal, both birdy, like retrieving, look good and outgoing, is there any advantage to picking one over the other?

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you have two extemely well bred female puppies from same litter and one is black and one is light yellow. Sire is black NAFC and Dam is yellow CNAFC. All things being equal, both birdy, like retrieving, look good and outgoing, is there any advantage to picking one over the other?
Well I have last pick...soo looks like your deciding for the both of us!! Don't let me down!!

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
I prefer black to yellow as I think blacks are easier to see and thus handle on blinds.

But a nice dog is a nice dog. And I like my 2 year old yellow bitch, Miss Kitty

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Sigh. Too bad things didn't work out.

To answer your question, it depends on you. What do you like? The black ones are easier to see in some situations. The yellow ones in others. Yellow is my color of choice. I'm not sure I'd own one that wasn't. Other people won't own anything other than black.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A lot of it boils down to preference of colour and the personality of the puppy. I was in the market for a new pup, yellow being my first choice if a stellar breeding came up for one but would of taken a black... I was more or less basing my choice on pedigree first, but luck would have it and I ended up with an awesome choc instead! He's birdy to no end and has been quite the quick learner. I guess it comes down to your first priority, colour or pedigree...

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
well looking down the road should you ever decide to breed her you know for sure what you will get with the yellow female.....close your eyes and grab one or post pics of the two gals and see what the peanut gallery thinks, then choose the opposite one :cool:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Is there a chance one of the pups might pick you? If that happens, regardless of color go with that!! If not, I would say its definitely your choice on which color you prefer. I myself prefer black but that is just me.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
having both yellows and blacks out of that litter a live pup would suit me just fine.........:):);)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Its not the color its the personality I'd be asking what the dif between the too, and take the one who offers the things I like most

·
Registered
185 Posts
Consider what your going to do with this pup and the geography that she will be spending the most time in. Hot climate areas are harder on black dogs and if your going to duck hunt your dog, fall and winter vegitation favors the yellow dog.

I never considered the furniture color but I can see how that would play into it.

One of each is good advice as well.

Congrats on your new pups you guys!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

Lee,
You know that we can't make that
Decision....Your are on your own. I hope color is not your main criteria in choosing. It would be a shame if it was.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think by the time these littermates go home, all us new owners will be good friends! LOL!

I went yellow - male in my case. Just personal preference - matches the decor, bedding and clothing the best.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts