RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday was the first sort of warm day of the year, and it was very humid. We took 3 of our Goldens training. Not a nicely mowed field, cover was really thick and high, 80 cm at least. Especially the middle one Peanut, had to work really hard, it was tough.
The next morning she was not herself, and had peed in the house. In the afternoon there was blood in her urine. Vet checked her over, we're on painkillers right now. She's settled down nicely today.
Does this sound familiar to you, have you had experiences like this?
Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
My female was prone to bladder infections. Frequent urination with blood. I made sure that she had plenty of water and gave her Vitamin C to acidify the urine in the hopes of discouraging bacterial growth. Antibiotics always cleared it up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tnx gdgnyc. In this case I don't think it is a bladder infection. No leukocytes in the urine-sample f.i. I am more and more convinced it is linked to the exercise she's had during training last Sunday. She is a very intense little bitch, and gives you 110% all the time. She gave me all on Sunday.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
I had that happen to my old man when he was younger - Vet could find nothing wrong and felt like to was too much exercise at once and thinking back upon that day I would have to agree, that's one of the many lessons Flash taught me - you don't have to do everything in a single training session ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts