RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard it was run on Farmer's place. I would expect that he swept the Open and Clint swept the minor stakes. Hard to get other Pros to attend when the trial is on one's own training grounds! So, I have to ask, where there any other Pros there that have titled an AA dog?

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
I know Mark Edward's took 3rd in the Open with Vicki Worthington's Worth-Its PT Cruiser (Petey) - he isn't even 3 yet (12/26 I think is his birthdate)! Not bad, not bad at all!! I know Danny Took 1st and 2nd. Don't know anything else.

HUGE CONGRATS TO PETEY - From Bullet, his #1 fan!

FOM

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FOM said:
I know Mark Edward's took 3rd in the Open with Vicki Worthington's Worth-Its PT Cruiser (Petey) -

I know Danny Took 1st and 2nd.

FOM
That's is an accomplishment! When a dog can place in the Open on another Pros training property, that says a lot!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Booty, what exactly are you getting at with your post?

Do all you really want to know is the placements, or are you suggesting foul play on Farmers part?

Your words suggest a possible unfair trial. Or maybe I am reading too much into your post.

Please clarify.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Bluebonnet

I know Danny won the Open with Ethel, but I'm not sure of any other placement EXCEPT--

OPEN 3RD - WORTH-IT'S P T CRUISER (Petey)

Mark & Petey, I'm so proud of you both!!!!!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Re: Bluebonnet

Vicki Worthington said:
I know Danny won the Open with Ethel, but I'm not sure of any other placement EXCEPT--

OPEN 3RD - WORTH-IT'S P T CRUISER (Petey)

Mark & Petey, I'm so proud of you both!!!!!
Incorrect.

Mike Kammerer won the Open with Ethel.

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ken Guthrie said:
Your words suggest a possible unfair trial. Or maybe I am reading too much into your post.

Please clarify.
It has the appearence of unfairness. Especially since ity was put together on a Pro's grounds!

I trained this morning with my group. One of them got a phone call from someone that ran the trial. The caller went to the trial not realizing it was on Farmer's property. Like myself, I refuse to run any trail run on a Pro's property for ALL the obvious reasons.

One is at an extreme advantage when running on one's own property, muchless being the most successful FT Pro in the game. Why would anyone expose themself to so much scrutiney?

Same reason why I quit going to the Memphis trail when the trial water was the local FT Pro's training water. Now that they have different grounds, I'll start going back to Memphis.

When one trials on their own property, they have a BIG advantage and no, the table is not even in that situation.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Bluebonnet

Well, Ken, that's what I get for "assuming". I knew it was Ethel & I assumed that Danny ran the dog!

Good for Mike!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Open

1. Ethel- Kammerer
2. Gabby- Ryan Breaseax (forgive the spelling)
3. Petey- Edwards
4. Summer- Breaseax

So actually Farmer didn't handle a dog to a placement. He actually didn't even run a dog in the open. He looked very busy helping with trial logistics. I personally thought it was great to see a pro step up, put on a trial, and help in full force due to the cancelations in La.

Amatuer-

1. ???????- I think Jon Monroe

·
Registered
941 Posts
Bluebonnet

I'd run it if I were closer. I agree.

Didn't seem to bother Mark about going down there either.

Out our way, several trials are run on other folks' training grounds. Flat River runs on Pat Burns grounds & on Ray Vreeland's and others who train on the grounds.

I never thought that the old Memphis grounds were open to anyone for training, but heck, what do I know!

Also Maine runs on Mosher's grounds; Maryland, Labrador, and maybe spring Del Bay run on Lyn Yelton's grounds--often used by Ed Forry & others.

Grounds are so scarce in many parts of the world that it's great just to have them, let alone worry about who trains there!!!

I've never asked, but I'd bet that Danny would let someone train at his place provided they didn't get in his way, or traded grounds with him on occasion.

While it's true that dogs are more apt to be compliant where they get corrected, running on your training grounds can and often is a setback if the test approximates but isn't the same as something you did very recently in training--more for marks than for blinds. I do think a dog that runs where it gets corrected is apt to be more obedient on those grounds.

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ken Guthrie said:
Open

1. Ethel- Kammerer
3. Petey- Edwards
4. Summer- Breaseax
My point, exactly!

Ryan Brasseaux is Danny's AA assistant and dog #1 is Farmer trained on that same property! Would it have been the same results had the trial taken place on neutrel trail grounds?

I've seen a Pro sweep an Open on their home turf, something they have never been able to do anywhere else. I'm not saying that Danny is not a great trainer but, I'll be damn if I'll waste my time and money running on a Pro's grounds.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Mr Booty said:
Ken Guthrie said:

Please clarify.
It has the appearence of unfairness. Especially since ity was put together on a Pro's grounds!

I trained this morning with my group. One of them got a phone call from someone that ran the trial. The caller went to the trial not realizing it was on Farmer's property. Like myself, I refuse to run any trail run on a Pro's property for ALL the obvious reasons.

One is at an extreme advantage when running on one's own property, muchless being the most successful FT Pro in the game. Why would anyone expose themself to so much scrutiney?

Same reason why I quit going to the Memphis trail when the trial water was the local FT Pro's training water. Now that they have different grounds, I'll start going back to Memphis.

When one trials on their own property, they have a BIG advantage and no, the table is not even in that situation.
As I see, no truer words could be spoken from an amatuer that believes restrictions should be put on pro's.

As I also see it, your words are in total disrespect to Danny and therefor any folks who helped put on this trial.

You see Booty, since in your state, the trial that had been scheduled was cancelled. So, I assume, Danny Farmer thought he could help the situation and put on another trial.

I guess the fact that he didn't go out and buy some land real quick to satisfy ungreatful folks like you is his fault.

Actually, when I showed up to the open, I fully expected Danny to be running my dog. But when Danny told me he didn't get to train all week and his assistant did so, he only thought it was fair to let his assistant run the dog. I guess Danny was working on making sure that the trial was organized all week, or maybe he was finding grounds to run on. Did you ever think of that?

On top of that, I don't think Danny could have helped put on the trial and run a full truck at the same time.

The more I type about this, the more upset I get. So I am gonna let this go unless you continue Booty.

I think your comments are way out of line and quite frankly show disrespect for not only Danny Farmer but me.

I will let this go, I hope you chose to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
dont know about the am and qual cause i just didnt get through em. the derby was won by edward and clint took a bunch of the rest.

all of those seemed fair to me and i jamd. bunch of good dogs.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Mr Booty said:
Ken Guthrie said:
Open

1. Ethel- Kammerer
3. Petey- Edwards
4. Summer- Breaseax
My point, exactly!

Ryan Brasseaux is Danny's AA assistant and dog #1 is Farmer trained on that same property! Would it have been the same results had the trial taken place on neutrel trail grounds?

I've seen a Pro sweep an Open on their home turf, something they have never been able to do anywhere else. I'm not saying that Danny is not a great trainer but, I'll be damn if I'll waste my time and money running on a Pro's grounds.
Have you ever seen a pro sweep a summer trip. I haven't, but I sure have seen it almost done.

In fact it was this summer in Colorado. Who's grounds were those Booty?

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Bluebonnet

Vicki Worthington said:
Grounds are so scarce in many parts of the world that it's great just to have them, let alone worry about who trains there!!!

While it's true that dogs are more apt to be compliant where they get corrected, running on your training grounds can and often is a setback if the test approximates but isn't the same as something you did very recently in training--more for marks than for blinds. I do think a dog that runs where it gets corrected is apt to be more obedient on those grounds.
Great trail grounds are rare! But, when the trail grounds are the home to a Pro or an Amateur, then they should not run unless the grounds are so vast that the odds of test duplication with training are slim. But on many places with limited water, the AA water blinds are too obvious. Yes, it can be a disadvantage but, most often it is a great advantage.

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ken Guthrie said:
As I also see it, your words are in total disrespect to Danny and therefor any folks who helped put on this trial.

You see Booty, since in your state, the trial that had been scheduled was cancelled. So, I assume, Danny Farmer thought he could help the situation and put on another trial.

I guess the fact that he didn't go out and buy some land real quick to satisfy ungreatful folks like you is his fault.
Ken, sorry that I don't have the wool pulled over my eyes!

How does putting a trial on over 400 miles away help anyone at SLRC? In fact, no one from SLRC ran Bluebonnet because it is too far away. So, don't try and turn this into a "he was trying to help the New Orleans folks out"!

Yes, I do beleive that any restrictions in this sport look at Pros first. I for one would like to keep this an Amateur sport, which it is not today but use to be. Pros should train and Amateurs handle but, that is a subject for a different thread.

Let me refer back to my original post when I asked, "Was there any other Pros there that have titled an AA dog"? Why didn't they go?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Danny cobbled this trial together on a moments notice because South Louisiana canceled. He was still looking for grounds as late as last weekend. Ryan ran all the dogs because Danny was buisy MARSHALLING, SHOOTING THE FLYER, and REBIRDING. He was picking up trash, hauling equipment and doing all the thing that we bitch about all the time.

THANK YOU DANNY.

Booty - if you want to talk about advantage - funny how you don't mention Mark at the Spillway?

Am:
1st John Monroe with Hunter - new AFC
2nd - Dave Honeycuitt
3rd - ????
4th - Creg Jones with Havoc

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gerard Rozas said:
Booty - if you want to talk about advantage - funny how you don't mention Mark at the Spillway?
Mark is definitly at an advantage in the spillway!

Here is the difference though; the retriever area in the spilway is near 1,000 acres. The terrain in the spillway changes constantly. Just the way that it is bushhogged changes regularly. They cut the week before Katrina and I was out there running a blind. They cut again today and because of the way it was cut, factors were changed. Same with the water depending on where they dig. The spillway in not like private property where the terrian stays the same. Plus, anyone who knows the spillway knows that the tech water is unlimited unlike most private property.

Its's great that y'all had a trial for yourselves but, don't call me ungrateful under the pretext that it was put on for members of SLRC! It was put on for y'all! And yes, Danny did try and get some local folks to make the drive over, and yes Danny is the best AA Pro, but don't expect many folks that run AA stakes to run on a Pros property.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Booty,

I'm done commenting on this subject with you on through the internet. I will discuss this with you in person at the next trial I see you at.

You should be ashamed, and I am dissapointed, that you cannot see the good that Danny Farmer did in holding this trial.

The fact is with this trial, you had the choice.....

1. To run this trial
2. Not to run any trial

You chose not to so.... your dogs didn't have the chance.

My dog had the chance because of Danny and many others put on the trial.

Thank you Danny for that.

As I think you are the one with something over your eyes.........the tears from whining.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts