RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and saw Hank Jr. last night ........he was pretty entertaining; enjoyed him a lot. He played everything from his daddies songs to Are You Ready for Some Football

I have heard Skynyrd on the radio forever .. never live before and wasn't a FreeBird fan but I gotta say that is one rockin song in person ; esp. the ending. That was their encore.........."What song is it you want to hear"

Really Good concert overall. :)

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Was he sober.I saw hank williams about 8 yrs ago and he was drunker than you know what and kept try to sit on a stool and falling off and was starting one song and would accidentally sing words from another and then go back and one time stopped in the middle of the song to get a drink and never finished it.It was one rowdy concert and some rreeeedddddd necks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fowl hunter said:
Was he sober.I saw hank williams about 8 yrs ago and he was drunker than you know what and kept try to sit on a stool and falling off and was starting one song and would accidentally sing words from another and then go back and one time stopped in the middle of the song to get a drink and never finished it.It was one rowdy concert and some rreeeedddddd necks.
I didn't know he drank (that's a joke) He didn't fall down at all , just changed some words in some songs and pulled his shirt up a couple of times (flashed us). Said he had 2 more stops and then he was gonna do some fishin.

Pretty ******* crowd last night..... a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I saw Hank and Skynard about ten or twelve years ago. I was there for Skynard, wasn't a big Hank fan. I was shocked at how talented he was musically. He playes several instruments very well. Skynard will never be like the original before Ronnie died, but they are still great. "Simple Man" is my favorite Skynard song.

(Insert ******* jokes here)

Momma told me, when I was you-uung, come sit beside me, my only son regards.

tt

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Sorry Fowl Hunter, screwed up again. Meant to post reply, not pm. Oh well, the gist was unless you were 17 going 18 in the mid 70's at your first real rock show with a fake id, and partaking of the available refreshments, you can never ever possibly understand the true majesty of the last part of Freebird! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Gun_Dog2002 said:
I saw Skynard a few years ago, with ZZTop. Great show. Seen zztop 11 times...

hell ya....a ha ha ha ha ha...

/Paul
Paul I never figured you for "A sharp dressed man" doing the "Tube sock boogie". I saw them at the 95th anniversary of Harley-Davidson in Milwaukee. Interstates were blocked by Harleys for 15 miles. ZZ Top what a show!

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Richard Halstead said:
Gun_Dog2002 said:
I saw Skynard a few years ago, with ZZTop. Great show. Seen zztop 11 times...

hell ya....a ha ha ha ha ha...

/Paul
Paul I never figured you for "A sharp dressed man" doing the "Tube sock boogie". I saw them at the 95th anniversary of Harley-Davidson in Milwaukee. Interstates were blocked by Harleys for 15 miles. ZZ Top what a show!
"I didn't need to grow a beard, I've been a beard all my life"

Frank Beard
Rockline Interview 1989

Big fan of the Little Ol' Band From Texas

/Paul

·
Registered
359 Posts
fowl hunter said:
I saw him around the same time and the show was just like you say. wecouldn't believe how he couldn't remember his own songs. :roll:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think I was at a ZZ Top concert in '79. Somewhere in southern Wisconsin. :? Alpine Valley maybe.

Sure was a fine smell wafting throughout,

I think :lol:

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
I cain't a take it no mo............. :shock:

"Tube SNAKE Boogie".......Lynyrd Skynyrd.........

ahhhhhhhhhh.......there.......that's better............... :wink:

Beer Drinkers And Hell Raisers' regards,

kg

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
K G said:

The misspellings are a sure sign of the Dems trying to co-opt Skynyrd over as their own house band. In the name of "Saturday Night Special," don't let it happen.

White Witch regards,

MG

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
K G said:

ahhhhhhhhhh.......there.......that's better............... :wink:

Beer Drinkers And Hell Raisers' regards,

kg
I have to say, you do crack me up at times...... :lol: :lol: Happy Friday....

/Paul

All I ask from my dogs is....

"come on son don't you give me no switch, come baby and eat the rich...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odeNhMeh7wM

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I was at a pretty rowdy concert once too, man that crowd was something else, slinging wine spritzers and drinking fuzzy navels from mugs.

If my memory serves me correctly it was action packed with the outlaws.

Bryan White lead off, then followed by Deana Carter (Strawberry Wine, man that song makes me want down a 12'er of Mike's Hard Ice Tea and smash some heads), and the show was ended by the ultimate outlaw Shania Twain. She's the greates music artist in the world. No one is more talented than her.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts