RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of GREAT dogs owned by a couple of GREAT people are not doing to well! Boomer...owned by Chris Akin was diagnosed with cancer last fall. He did pretty well thru the winter but isw now in failing health. As anyone who know Chris or Boomer can understand, it is a VERY sad time. Chris is my dog's trainer and has become a VERY good friend as well. I'll be praying for Boomer and for strength for Chris..they both deserve it!!!!

Lyle Steinman's dog River has also been diagnosed. I don't know Lyle that well but he has been good to me and I wish both River and him the BEST and also pray for them!!!

God bless two nice people and two GREAT animals!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Poor Boomer. I'll be praying for both Chris and Boomer. That's a sad deal losing a dog. Especially one as close to you as boomer is to chris.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I don't know them personally, but I've watched every minute of each SRS.

I've also watched Chris Akin's Duck Dog Basics. Seeing him for 2 ½ hours of Training Footage really allowed me to see at least a bit of his passion for dogs and training.

These four defintely love the sport and I hope everything goes as smooth as possible.

We'll surely be praying for them.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Met Chris 2 years ago at a Cabela's hunting expo. Had my son with me, 5 at the time. We didn't even talk about dogs. Talked about raising boys, he has a son somewhere in the ballpark of mine. Really seemed like a great guy. Sorry to hear on both accounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts