RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get ideas on a yellow stud in the future for a titled yellow Ali bitch. Requirements are obviously health clearances and FC AFC or better. I know of a few, but not all.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I really like the 4 floyd pups I’ve been around. They’re all young still, but the ones I have trained with are getting some color in the derby. One made the derby list this past weekend and doesn’t age out until end of February.

·
Registered
867 Posts
FC Vinwoods Mad Dog Mattis might be an interesting one for you. He is FC AFC Snapper x Sonshines Dottie West (FC Candlewoods Man in Black x Crop Dusters Payoff Gal). Not sure the Ali female you are talking about but as you know Crop Dusters Payoff Gal lines seemed to have nicked well with Ali.

Otherwise... besides Chester or Floyd...some others might be...(I don't know any of these dogs but just some names for you...)

AFC Eli's Big Chief (25.5 AA points) (5 years old)
FC AFC Buck N Maxwell (5 years old)
FC AFC Mission Mountains Home Cookin - (floyd littermate)

·
Registered
186 Posts
FC Vinwoods Mad Dog Mattis might be an interesting one for you. He is FC AFC Snapper x Sonshines Dottie West (FC Candlewoods Man in Black x Crop Dusters Payoff Gal). Not sure the Ali female you are talking about but as you know Crop Dusters Payoff Gal lines seemed to have nicked well with Ali.
I do like that one, that pairing appears to have been a successful one, his littermate sister has 20 open points this year.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The Hud finished 4 nationals and had a ton of AA points.
I forgot about the Hud, he's close to you, has had a dog on Derby list, Wyatt and Bill has another he likes, Nellie. Not sure how his pedigree nicks with Ali. Hud is out of NAFC Fourleafs Ice Breaker(Buster) If memory serves correct.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I forgot about the Hud, he's close to you, has had a dog on Derby list, Wyatt and Bill has another he likes, Nellie. Not sure how his pedigree nicks with Ali. Hud is out of NAFC Fourleafs Ice Breaker(Buster) If memory serves correct.
Yes --- he has one FC AFC, a few QAA and derby pointed dogs. In 4 breedings that have results on RR

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
My answer is off topic and for that I apologize. If I had an accomplished yellow bitch I would breed her to the best black male that throws yellows that you can find. I have never been a fan of bb X bb breedings, I think history would confirm that the best yellows come from Bb X bb breedings, just my opinion and worth every penny you paid for it, good luck!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My answer is off topic and for that I apologize. If I had an accomplished yellow bitch I would breed her to the best black male that throws yellows that you can find. I have never been a fan of bb X bb breedings, I think history would confirm that the best yellows come from Bb X bb breedings, just my opinion and worth every penny you paid for it, good luck!
That has been discussed as well. I was just asked about titled yellow males available. Breeding is still a ways away. I knew of Floyd, Luke, Chester, Crash, Hudson, Doc and a couple of others. The pool of titled yellow males isn’t that deep. There are a ton of options for black that carry yellow. I really like Zeke, but I’m biased on that one.

Reactions: Loran Marmes (JR)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
AFC LinMac's Trigger Happy.
I have trained a bunch with him and he is a good looking dark yellow marking fool
Am trained and handled had over 50 derby points and has close to 50 AA pts with a handful of wins.
As a bonus, Jim is from Florida, a great guy and easy to deal with

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AFC LinMac's Trigger Happy.
I have trained a bunch with him and he is a good looking dark yellow marking fool
Am trained and handled had over 50 derby points and has close to 50 AA pts with a handful of wins.
As a bonus, Jim is from Florida, a great guy and easy to deal with
I pre-Nationaled with Jim and Bang. He is one to consider as well.

Reactions: saltgrass

·
Registered
886 Posts
I really liked my yellow girl out of FC AFC Kicker .
About a yr ago I talked to Judy about a breeding to him if my girl was yellow factored.
She also said they still had a few off Ram..
Too bad she Chocolate factored ..
Good luck with the hunt.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts