RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know your asking about yellow males but if your open to black males who throw yellow you cant go wrong with nfc fc afc cody cut a lean grade. Probably if not definitely the top producing dog ever. I currently have one out of him that’s not titled yet but will for sure make at least MH and he has at least 1 litter mate that I know about with some derby points. And the countless FC AFC dogs he’s produced.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I know your asking about yellow males but if your open to black males who throw yellow you cant go wrong with nfc fc afc cody cut a lean grade. Probably if not definitely the top producing dog ever. I currently have one out of him that’s not titled yet but will for sure make at least MH and he has at least 1 litter mate that I know about with some derby points. And the countless FC AFC dogs he’s produced.
Grady has been bred out the wazoo.....(yes, for the obvious reasons)
. Yes, he's a producer.... but it's gotten to a point - sort of like with LM - that it is near impossible to find a breeding that doesn't already have Grady at least once in the first 3-4 gens.
There are a lot of really really nice dogs out there.

Oh - for Bubba

Maybe not the direction you are looking to go... but another FC titled yellow dog...

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
When you focus on color, you are not focusing on Marking Ability, Talent, etc. 😉
It is possible to focus on everything. I highly doubt he will breed an FC to a dog with limited marking ability or talent. He’s just trying to get ideas for a possible breeding maybe a year away.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
There were a couple of pretty nice yellows running the Canadian National as well....
Just throwing that out there :) I recognized the name of one of them... (can't recall it now). Not sure on the others.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
There were a couple of pretty nice yellows running the Canadian National as well....
Just throwing that out there :) I recognized the name of one of them... (can't recall it now). Not sure on the others.
With no intent of disparaging the National Championship of our Northern brethren do you realize what is required to qualify for the Canadian National, the National Championship Stakes are not comparable.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Curios me wonders why Mickey (FC-AFC Hockley Creek Switch Hitter) and Koufax (AFC Bayou Teche Perfect Game) both yellow factored black males did not enter the conversation?

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
With no intent of disparaging the National Championship of our Northern brethren do you realize what is required to qualify for the Canadian National, the National Championship Stakes are not comparable.
yes, I understand that -- watched several of the videos of the Canadian national as well. The breadth of successful yellow dogs across all age stakes is limited, as you mentioned in a previous response to this post.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It is possible to focus on everything. I highly doubt he will breed an FC to a dog with limited marking ability or talent. He’s just trying to get ideas for a possible breeding maybe a year away.
If she’s EIC clear and doubling up on Cosmo doesn’t scare them, I know of a black yellow factored male you’re familiar with Bubba….

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Curios me wonders why Mickey (FC-AFC Hockley Creek Switch Hitter) and Koufax (AFC Bayou Teche Perfect Game) both yellow factored black males did not enter the conversation?
Koufax has been discussed. I prenationaled trained with him. He is a very nice animal. I believe almost every dog mentioned here has been discussed. Just want to make sure we didn't skip one be accident.

Reactions: saltgrass
21 - 40 of 66 Posts