RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Trying to get ideas on a yellow stud in the future for a titled yellow Ali bitch. Requirements are obviously health clearances and FC AFC or better. I know of a few, but not all.
Take a look at FC AFC Rimfires Once in A Blue Moon. Extremely talented, healthy, good looking, and producing and is yellow factored. I’ve watched him train, actually ran him a couple time myself, and watched some of his pups run. Wow!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Take a look at FC AFC Rimfires Once in A Blue Moon. Extremely talented, healthy, good looking, and producing and is yellow factored. I’ve watched him train, actually ran him a couple time myself, and watched some of his pups run. Wow!
I run against Mike and Blue more than I care to admit.

Reactions: Gregg0211

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Ali has powerful lines, not sure the dog's in question bottom-side, but to me I would try to balance; and not cross back. The yellows are inbred enough already; imho they have been getting worst in terms of performance and health for the last ~6yrs. I've also been working with an OFA vet and they've been seeing a shortening of the femur-hip joint head affecting hip clearances in the few yellows breedings recently. If the dog is yellow I'd go for a Black that carries; If she's black probably still go for a black that carries. Too me I just figure what I like about the dog and one trait I'd like to improve upon. Then find a stud with all those traits that I like and who is better on the single improve trait I would like. Me I always like the TNT (nitro) or Rebel lines for yellow; they've seem to be tractable and tend to balance powerful lines well; but that's just my experience ;).

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I’m going off topic like Dr Ed. Floyd is proven to be a potent sire. Who was his Sire??? Black yellow factored KID. He is worth considering!!!
Do the Howard’s still have any breedings left?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ali has powerful lines, not sure the dog's in question bottom-side, but to me I would try to balance; and not cross back. The yellows are inbred enough already; imho they have been getting worst in terms of performance and health for the last ~6yrs. I've also been working with an OFA vet and they've been seeing a shortening of the femur-hip joint head affecting hip clearances in the few yellows breedings recently. If the dog is yellow I'd go for a Black that carries; If she's black probably still go for a black that carries. Too me I just figure what I like about the dog and one trait I'd like to improve upon. Then find a stud with all those traits that I like and who is better on the single improve trait I would like. Me I always like the TNT (nitro) or Rebel lines for yellow; they've seem to be tractable and tend to balance powerful lines well; but that's just my experience ;).
I haven't seen a ton of yellow inbreeding with trial dogs. May have seen a few with POW or Cosmo lines, but not too many. May eventually see a lot of Snapper, etc. This would not be a inbreeding or even likely not a line breeding. Her bottom side is strong, but not common at all. The below pedigrees are my two yellows. My female came out of two blacks. My younger male was my yellow x yellow stud. Only common dogs were way back from what I can remember.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bubba,
You asked about yellow studs. Typical of most forums lots of folks suggesting something else and not really paying attention....to the point "KID" - he's a carrier don't think that's going to work with Oakley...

Tim

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Bubba,
You asked about yellow studs. Typical of most forums lots of folks suggesting something else and not really paying attention....to the point "KID" - he's a carrier don't think that's going to work with Oakley...

Tim
Tim, my understanding is that Bubba is looking for a potential yellow stud for someone else's titled dog out of Ali.
I don't believe he's inquiring as to Oakley Oakley is not out of Ali

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Bubba,

Tim
Not Oakley. She was fixed after her last litter. I wasn't going to breed her again, and her checkup ultra sound showed ovarian cyst that was misdiagnosed as myometra.

Time for me to have a bullet in my gun 12 months a year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Trying to get ideas on a yellow stud in the future for a titled yellow Ali bitch. Requirements are obviously health clearances and FC AFC or better. I know of a few, but not all.
I guess you can watch this one and see if he finishes since you are looking for the future, he's got some points and wins, he's one of the prettier field bred dogs I've seen. Blue Moon's Sir Francis Drake QA2.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
I guess you can watch this one and see if he finishes since you are looking for the future, he's got some points and wins, he's one of the prettier field bred dogs I've seen. Blue Moon's Sir Francis Drake QA2.
Well he has certainly has had an impressive 2022, the Amateur 3 wins, 2 2nds, 1 3rd. The Open 1 2nd and 1 4th. He is obviously a late bloomer. I am quite familiar with the breeding, the breeder is one of my cherished friends and co-owner of a couple of dogs.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Well he has certainly has had an impressive 2022, the Amateur 3 wins, 2 2nds, 1 3rd. The Open 1 2nd and 1 4th. He is obviously a late bloomer. I am quite familiar with the breeding, the breeder is one of my cherished friends and co-owner of a couple of dogs.
An impressive year. I did not know of him. Unfortunately wouldn’t work for this bitch. Both are sired by Ali.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Ok I will put out there Yellow however EIC carrier (which is why I had to say No (as my girls are), believe dog has passed on. Still got the info when I was looking, Northwest area and owner is looking for a breeding.. Henry "Moonstones Frontier Indiana Jones QAA, MH, RN, NA, NAJ ***" HuntingLabPedigree TNT (Nitro) Strong FC-AFC female producing lines as that was what I was focusing on circa Moonstone, Biscuit, Oatie, Livvy, HAM etc. full sibling to AFC Ham and FC-AFC Jones; never ran FT after Qual; the litter had like 4 other QAA dogs; ~24mt. Shhh.. 🤫

Also for the right girl FC AFC Oatie is probably available. and FC AFC Keno (haven't seen a breeding on him).. AFC Riley (for sure not my cup of tea) I also have a liking of FC-AFC Chester (Snapper son) not too many breedings but liking the limited ...(I know nothing..but what I like). I stay away from Grady but then I have a Grady girl, but to me that seems to be the one that might be creating inbreeding (or line-breeding) in the future. A bunch of Grady yellow out there. Cosmo to.. hey if it works?

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
An impressive year. I did not know of him. Unfortunately wouldn’t work for this bitch. Both are sired by Ali.
an update from Sylvia on Drake. His mother is a littermate to FC Hilltop High Society Lady GaGa. While not a fit for your friend‘s bitch he might be for someone looking for a yellow male.

Just a short update on Drake. Results for the last eight trials(3 wins, 3 seconds, 1 third, and 1 fourth). Four points behind the high point Amateur dog.
Plant Dog Sky Carnivore Tree

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Curios me wonders why Mickey (FC-AFC Hockley Creek Switch Hitter) and Koufax (AFC Bayou Teche Perfect Game) both yellow factored black males did not enter the conversation?
The main reason I wouldn't let him go with Mickey is because he would have to write one of those ads that says "his record speaks for itself." :p

Reactions: EdA
41 - 60 of 66 Posts