RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has a Ram bitch that he is considering breeding. We were hoping to get a little input from the experts here at RTF. He is thinking of breeding her to Drake, I think he wants a yellow male from the litter, I'd like a black female. Color isn't highest on the priority list however, a good nic for performance traits is. Dee recently got QAA'd with a second in the Q at Cimmeron and will continue her FT career running AA stakes. She also has a licensed derby placement and is 1 for 1 in AKC MH tests. She is around 3 1/2 years old and is completely amateur trained after work and on weekends. No winter trips except for 10 days late this winter. Typically her winters are spent hunting and hanging around the house. Great pheasant dog, better water fowler - she will push it to the limit to get that swimming crippled goose. Also, she lost nearly a year in training due to a terrible accident that resulted in her needing knee surgery. Here is a copy of her pedigree:

http://gooddoginfo.com/gdc/asp/viewpedigree.asp?DogNo=81568

Kicking it around, we came up with the following traits - Dee loves people and kids. She has tons of go in the field, but curls up and relaxes around the house, excellent house dog. She has a great work ethic. She is very biddable and tries very hard to please. She is an excellent marker, but she is an even stronger lining dog and handling dog. She is stronger in water than on land. Very honest with factors. Extremely birdy and great retrieve desire. She has great courage. She is not in the least vocal. Very intelligent and trainable, it only took a few sessions to get her through swim-by. On the negative side she is a bit sensitive, but she has plenty of bottom if she understands the corrections. If she doesn't understand the corrections, she can get a little moody for a day or two. She will blow a mark she should get occasionally, but that could be due to a bit of head swinging. We would appreciate any recommendations for what you might think would be a good match with her temperament, traits, and pedigree.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Color is secondary... We want pups to train to run trials... :D

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Buzz,

You have probably already thought of this, but your friend's dog's dam had Drake pups, so a phone call may be a good idea to see how the youngsters are progressing.

Aussie rushing back to help long suffering with some outside work.

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
Hunting Hills Coriander.....

Dave owns a Ram bitch from me that he bred to Cori. I hear the pups are very very nice.

I have to Cori pups here and I like them alot.

WRL

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
pups

Banner would throw yellow. Looking at the pedigree....Cosmo might be a very nice nic.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
What a nice pedigree. Can you say "SUPER SIRES"!!! That bitch has a who's who pedigree. I really wanted a pup out of this bitches dam- Daisy. I tried to talk Louann into breeding her to Cosmo. Never happened. I did have a deposit on a pup when they bred her to Soupy. No pups though. I'd be interested in a pup if he bred to Cosmo!!!

My input.
COSMO, Ford, Fargo, Rudy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Im with Charles here.....FARGO.

Although I haven't "yet" bred any of my titled Ram bitches to him, I CAN imagine (with a great bitch line, of course) how very special the pups would turn out...Competitive :!:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dakota's Sunrise Ramblin Daisy QAA

Daivd,
I don't always get my way!!!

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Louann, Dee will be flattered. :D

Everyone has given Ed lots to think about.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Come on Louann. I know better than that. Maybe a grandbaby???
What, no Rex puppies?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rex X Daisy

Not even a grand baby.....none were born!!! But, just delivered 10!!! :D
I'm exhausted....did not do anything....just was there....could not sleep!!!
Louann

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mjh345 said:
Louann, Congrats on the litter,What were the 10 you had out of?
I would bet it's their Carbon x Broke litter.

Me and Ed stayed up too late last night drinking red wine and doing hypothetical breedings on gooddoginfo.com. We had lots of fun and noticed a couple of interesting patterns in the suggested breedings, and came up with quite a few phone calls that have to be made.

Now the poor guy has to drive to KC today to run a couple of dogs this weekend that should be more prepared. Last week we ran a lot of blinds, thinking that this week we could do lots of marks & blinds through the old falls etc. That damn spring snow storm fixed that. Hardly a mark was thrown... :( Boy do I love these South Dakota "springs."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts