RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black (yellow factored) MH QAA bitch out of FC AFC Cornerstone Wizard of Oz & FC AFC Powerstrokn' Sally.

She is a full sister to FC AFC Greenwing's Bright Eyes

I am going to breed her in the fall. I can't seem to make up my mind on who to breed to. I have thought of Viking, Gates, Cosmo, Chopper, Soupy, Banner, Rough, Zoom plus about 5 more.

I would like to find a dog with alot of fire. I do not want to breed to a easy going dog.

Please help out, I can't make up my mind. She is due to come in at the end of August so I have to make up my mind soon.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Nice list, all worthy candidates. If fire and go are what you are trying to add I'd suggest the 2 C's in your list Cosmo & Chopper & add one other "C" as in Chavez.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Has Any of Banners offspring started running trials yet.I know Dusty was the year before him as HPDD and he is starting to get dogs running and placing in derbies.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two thoughts, first is I would like to keep a female and if possible have her be yellow(not most important but a desire). I also thought about trying to stay away from Lean Mac lines not because I do not like them but it would offer buyers a chance to breed to them. I have bred to Gates before with great success. Peaches, Ruby's full sister bred to Gates earlier this year and I think the pups sold for around 2k+ so that is a thought also that some folks that like the line but could not afford them would want to take a chance on one of these.

I like Banner. I also have a buddy that bred one of my Gates pups to Cosmo and man they were some marking machines early on and continue to look good. It is a good problem to have but it will make you pull your hair out also.

Thanks for you guys replies. I look forward to seeing some more.

·
Registered
987 Posts
If you want to stay away from Lean Mac lines then that would eliminate Gates, Viking, Banner, Chavez, and Chopper -- but you could go to

Cosmo or
FC's Cosmo's Concerto Charlie or
FC AFC Pin Oak's Texas Rex
FC AFC Crow Rivers Cougar's Mad Max or
FC AFC Field Of Dreams I'm A Winner or
FC CFC CAFC Taylorslab Magic Trick or
Dusty or
FC AFC Calumet's Super Sonic or
NFC AFC Dewey's Drake Of Moon River or
FC AFC Yellowstone's T'NT Explosion (Nitro)

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
FCRex who is a cosmo son is also a good producer and is yellow.Sounds like Cosmo may be the way to go. What about Ramblin Man?I havent seen many of his breedings anymore.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Staying away from Lean Mac is not a top priority but a consideration. If I did stay away it opens up possibilities for future breedings.

The first priority is getting healthy winners. The second is a yellow female. The third is future breeding.

I have a nice problem to have.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I second the threeoak observation. It is looking like Cosmo fits all of your criteria, if you don't bmind possible vocalization issues. Ducksoup also posted some possibilities of some candidates although they are all yellows except for Cosmo & I'm not sure about Field of Dreams Im a Winner as I've never seen him. My own preference would be for a black stud to go with your yellow dog; but I'm not you. Good Luck there are a # of good candidates

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She is not yellow. She is black, yellow factored.

I know there are a alot of good candidates. That is my problem, I can not make up my mind. It seems like I switch winners every week.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Field of Dreams I'm A Winner is yellow just completed FC AFC -- check out ad in May RTFN

·
Registered
395 Posts
How about FC AFC Hunting Hills Coriander? I have heard alot of good things about his pups. It would be a line breeding on Cornerstones Wizard of Oz. You'd want to research any hidden traits there that might come out. He is yellow also, and should produce exactly what you want.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
I'm not sure why you would want to avoid Lean Mac. Power Strok'n Sally seems to have done very well with her breedings to Lean Mac. You could either breed to Lean Mac directly or try My Name is Bocephus which could give you the strengths of a Lean Mac line breeding where Mac would only be in the fourth and fifth generations for the pups. I don't know if Bocephus would be called a fire breather in the sense of Cosmo.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts