RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have been looking for a reputable british lab breeder on the west coast (Northern California) to get a new duck dog/family dog; either a puppy or a started dog. Any recommendations for west coast breeders. Long time duck hunter but have never had a duck dog and it is time!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
If you are looking for a dog that will pick up whatever you shoot in whatever weather you choose to hunt in and look damn good doing it in Northern California then you need to be talking to Karen Waltman at Waterspook Kennels. She hangs out here under the handle of Billie.

British Labs are a hoax regards

Bubba

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
A british lab is sired in Britain. I would think. Oh you want a fat lab with no legs. So look for a breeder who breeds fat labs with no legs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Michael you're kill'in me.....
Made my day, Too funny

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
A british lab is sired in Britain. I would think. Oh you want a fat lab with no legs. So look for a breeder who breeds fat labs with no legs.
Mike, the hardest working retriever I know of is a British Lab, my coyote has it easy by comparison. Not from Nor Cal but from http://www.brackenfen.com/ in MS.

·
Registered
678 Posts
There's a difference between a British field Lab and an English Show Lab. Might want to do some homework.

Swack

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
British Field Labs look just like our field labs from what I ' vet seen on the videos the Col has posted

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Mike,
Here's a look at my "fat British Lab with no legs". LOL!

What say ye now?

Cheers,
Irishwhistler

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
British Labs .... spot the no-legs ploddder.

Working Labs in UK as above either on shoots on in training; all bar one are mine. I believe the myth that British = Tub of Lard only exists in the minds of those who for their own reasons need to see it that way.

Eug

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Aye Mates,
Here's a few more photo's of me non-athletic, fat British Lab. A proverbial sausage with no legs!:D

As ye can see here, he totally lacks focus in addition to being a fat pooch lacking legs.

How me buxom British Lab manages to leap over these woodland obstacles has always boggled me mind.

All of the additional fat on me British Lab sure helps on days like this one in protecting him from the harsh temperatures and as reserve energy for multiple retrieves in frigid waters.

All fat and no form makes these British Labs particularly hard on the eyes.

Perhaps I will be rewarded with a "real" Labrador Retriever someday.;-)

Tongue in cheek,
Irishwhistler & TRAD

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Love your posts and pictures, Irishwhistler!! The dogs are absolutely gorgeous, !!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ok, here's some of my fat old Brit imports. No athleticism at all...

Ok, that last one's an Irish FtCH but I guess that's close enough for this discussion.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Way to respond from across the pond. I don't think Bubba was talking about y'all though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts