RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran across a litter of hunt test puppies that I am pretty excited about! I like to run both hunt test and field trials, so I think getting a pup from this litter will be perfect for me.
There are 11 National Field Champions. and 30 FC, AFC, or CFC, CAFC in a 5 generation pedigree..
I am a yellow lover!!! The grand sire's to this litter is:
FC Riparian Easyrider and FC-AFC Hilltop's Hayseed. Both sire and dam are Master Hunters/ Master National competitors, and compete in the qualifying..
I cant wait until he comes home!
The bitch is named Gib's Hilltop Mystique MH and the sire is named Blackwater's Fowl Play MH..
My question is: When nameing a dog, Is it appropriate to name it from its pedigree since it is not comming from a kennel.. I would like to put
the Riparian and Hilltop's Hayseed in the name.
Since it is in the pedigree, should I get permission from these kennels to use those names?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
If the kennel names (Riparian & Hilltop) have been registered with AKC, permission is required. On the other hand, I don't know of any reason that would prevent you from using the "call names", i.e., "Bubba's Teddy" or something like that.

Jerry

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Jerry said:
If the kennel names (Riparian & Hilltop) have been registered with AKC, permission is required. On the other hand, I don't know of any reason that would prevent you from using the "call names", i.e., "Bubba's Teddy" or something like that.

Jerry
Well here I go with some gobbledygook that has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread. Wouldn't know enough to comment on this thread topic.

But I'm curious as to your sig line. From one geezer to another, just how many Mules have you harnessed up for load pulling? The ones we had didn't even recognize a swift kick. We toted a 2X4, just to get their attention. :roll: :wink:

UB

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
UB, that's one of those syna...anan...dangling participles or something, that means something else.

Sort of like, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Or "Help those that are helping you." (I just made that one up all by my ownself!!!).

Jerry

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Well hot damn, I applaud your inventiveness. After your explanation, it all makes perfect sense. :wink:

UB

·
Registered
620 Posts
Is this Dan or Missy Heard?

Anyway, I would call the Garlands and Pease and ask permission out of courtesy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Steve,
Good guess!
When we first got started in HT/FT, We bought Dakota from Blackwater Kennels. At that time he had NO clue about what we should and shouldnt do when it comes to naming dogs.. So we named Dakota after his pedigree name, Riparian Dakota Joe.
A couple of years later we found out that we should have named him after the Kennel that we bought him from.
This pup is not from a kennel, so I would like to use some of his pedigree in his Registered name. So I think I will make some phone calls.
Thanks,
Missy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts