RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas on how to control this stuff? I live in a neighborhood, and the bugs are already horrible. I don't want to kill the environment, but there needs to be a comfort level too. I am in SC, so we really did not have a winter, which worries me:(

·
Registered
449 Posts
For you or your dog? I like the pest stripps. Seams to catch everything. Including the dogs if hung to low.:mad:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the yard- They bother all of us! I am sooo tired of flies.

·
Registered
172 Posts
For flys, you can use a plastic bag filled halfway with water and a few pennies in it. Hang it up and they won't come anywhere near it. I hung two on my backporch and don't even have flies when it's 110 and my dog just planted a mine in the yard.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have always wondered if fly predators would work if released in residential areas. I know they worked great at the boarding stable I kept my horses at.

I am getting ready to buy some praying mantises (manti? Mantids? Mantis'?) to set free in my yard. The neighbors have already released some ladybugs.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Muscovy ducks will rid your property of flies, if this option is practical for you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Muscovy ducks will rid your property of flies, if this option is practical for you.
He lives in a neighborhood. I'm not sure the neighbor's ankle biter would take kindly to a muscovy duck in its front yard.;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
For flys, you can use a plastic bag filled halfway with water and a few pennies in it. Hang it up and they won't come anywhere near it. I hung two on my backporch and don't even have flies when it's 110 and my dog just planted a mine in the yard.
Do you leave the bag open or closed?
thanks,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts