RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Maxwell retired gun that worked fine off of my old Bumper Boy electronics. The old transmitter had a separate button to work the Maxwell independently of the launcher.
With the new Hawk I can’t get the gunner to work independently of the launcher. I plug the gunner into the auxiliary jack of the receiver. The only time the gunner will move is when all of the bumpers have been launched.
Anybody else have any auxiliary issues with the new Hawk units?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Tom, I just got mine and reprogrammed the transmitter. I set it up to work the Maxwell off of the "motion" port on the receiver. Redid the side button to control the motion port. Works fine so far.

Is the auxillary the upper left port on the receiver? I'll look at the book.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is in the upper left.
Did you use an adaptor so you can plug into the lower part of the receiver? I would like to use the upper auxiliary port. Was the reprograming of the transmitter that hard.?
By the way congratulations with LB.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Yes I used an adaptor. Got the plug from BB with a female connector to hook to the Maxwell or a winger.

I didn't look at the book yet but I remember that the side button comes set up to give sound and a launch together. You probably have to reprogram the transmitter. It's not hard to do, reads worse than it is to do.

Thanks about Lb. truth is, it's mostly him and Sand Hill Kennel.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
OK, I looked at the book. It looks to me that you can't do what you want to do with the Auxillary output #1 left side. It's doable with Aux. output #2 but you'd need the cable.

Unless you can do it with a dedicated receiver. I think that would work.

Probably best to talk to BB.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks John. I do have the adaptores from the old system.

Really don't want the sound when retiring the gunner.
I will try different programs tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
If you look at the book and do it step by step it's not bad at all.

There are two books, one is black and white and one is in color. Use the black and white one. There are some mistakes in the colored book with a page of corrections in the front.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Depending on the unit, if it was one of the first upgrades they have some issues with the jacks. There is not a good connection. I sent my new upgrades back and they changed the jacks out and now they work fine. There were still some minor issues to work out when they first started shipping out the upgrades.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts