RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new 8 shooter just before the price jump. I understand that this 8 shooter has the new electronics on it.
I have had nothing but trouble since i got it out of the box. I programmed it and it worked fine with a home test.Then we went afield and it only shot two
Back home and reprogramed , worked fine in test. Out to the field and it fired randomly but only 5 of 8 fired.
Home again and it workes fine in sequance. Then it would start to miss, i would hit the sound button then fire then hit the sound then nothing then after several tries to fore it did. Amy at BB says this is new stuff and i am the first to have problems
Any one else having any issues and if so were u able to correct them ? I also reprogramed from BB advice while they were on the phone but here in the frozen north it will be a day or 2 till i can get to where i can fire it

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Couple of things to try.

Unplug the main wiring harnes from the receiver box. Push it back in and you should hear a "click" as it seats.

Make sure the batteries are charged for 14 hours. Make sure the antennas are screwed down tight.

The system is NOT designed to fire as fast as you can hit the fire/launch button. If you watch the lights on the transmitter when you hit the fire button, it will flash, then go out, and then turn on again. Then it is ready to fire again. If you press the fire button when the light is out, your timing is off and you need to wait until the light turns back on.

If ever you press the sound button, and you get no sound, that is a clear indication the batteries need charged. It MAY or MAY NOT fire once the sound stops; but is suspossed to, according to BB.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try the upluging and repluggingthe harness but all else has been gone over.Charged battery till flashing light goes off. I know how to fire the unit i have a few 4 shooters but this is the first 8 and firing should be no different., Hit sound button arm transmitter press fire button send dog this is where is goes goofy Get dog ready,hit sound then arm transmitter hit fire get sound but no launch turn arm off and on a couple of times and it finally fires

I am wondering if the cold is causing problems. Transmitter showed low battery,charged as directed then it still showed low battery.Left transmitter on truck dash board and when it got warm it work properly.
The only thing gets me confused about cold is the 4 shooters work fine

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I've had similar problems all of which were resolved by getting rid of the rechargeable battery in the transmitter and replacing with a name brand, non-rechargeable, nine volt. Don't know why, but this did the trick.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
When you charged the transmitter, did you turn the transmitter on?
The transmitter MUST BE on to charge.

My 3 4-shooters and transmitter stay in the truck all of the time and I have had no problems with sound or launch. Our temps here in Richmond vary from 10 at night to high 30's in the day for the past week.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did not arm the transmitter but when i plug it in the low batt light blinks Is that in the manual ? i did not read where the transmitter needed to be on ?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The transmitter MUST BE on to charge.
Yes, the light will blink. It will go off when charged.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are correct. How i missed that is beyond me. I have been charging it just by plugging it in.Been lucky so far i guess.Will let it charge and see what happens thnks

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Doesn't hurt to carry and extra 9 volt with you JIC you forget to charge the transmitter. A regular 9 volt will not last very long, but it will get you through the training session.
I have also pillaged my BB remote battery to use in a dead TT release transmitter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts