RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Next on my agenda John. Switch a battery from a know working unit to a non working unit. Looks like we're going to have some significant rain beginning Friday. So, that will be a good time to play around with the units some more.

· Registered
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Gold one worked

· Registered
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes I did....

· Registered
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Probably the antenna.

· Registered
408 Posts
I bought the blue one with the same markings as the old one from Sport Dog for my Hawk receiver. Unfortunately it didn't fit in the space for the battery, was too large. So, there is that to think about as well.

· Registered
2,342 Posts
5 1/2 years later my BB Hawx receiver won't charge properly.
I found I hope a replacement at nextbatteries.com
Their SKU: DCSD1-LI650NB
They are $17.90 each and $8 shipping.
They say it replaces Sport Dog ST101-SP and several other Sport Dog products. Sport Dog lists the battery for $30.
Battery specs, size and connector looks right...

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Still waiting for my battery from Next battery. Resource delay for them they say. Still coming eventually, they say.
Google SportDog ST101 SP replacement battery. They are available from a lot of places including Amazon.
Hope this helps someone elses search...

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Well, not so fast...
The battery is correct, but the connector is not. It's just a little different.
I'm going to cut the connector off of the original battery and solder it onto the new battery.
Should work fine.

John Lash

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Changed connector, battery is about 1/8 inch too long and won't fit in the compartment as someone else here said earlier. I could cut the battery compartment a little on the receivers and get it to fit but, I can't do anything to modify the transmitter.
Back to the drawing board.

John Lash

21 - 32 of 32 Posts