RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering 2 four shooters, I've heard mixed reviews on the retired gun feature. Some love it, others say it's a pain to set up and blows over easy.

Comments?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
You will learn shortcuts to setting it up. Experience counts. A pain to set up? Not for me.

Will it blow over in a strong wind? Yes it will. How many windy days do you have? Just use the retired gun feature on non windy days. I'm not trying to "open a can of worms" here, but you have probably noticed that it is not a perfect world. I've seen a few wingers blow over with enough wind.
You can also make a couple of U shaped stakes, with one side longer than the other, and place the U shaped end over the opposite corners of the BB base, and drive it into the ground. That will hold it.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
:( waste of money in my opinion

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Cray,

I'd love to, but you are a little outide of my driving range for training.

BB's can be staked down, similiar to wingers.

I'll make a suggestion to the BB folks about this issue.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Richard,

Feel free to contact me if you are ever traveling through the area, we can train if you've got an extra day or 2 or if you just need an area to air dogs...or want to stop and have a bite to eat.

Cray

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Cray Stephenson said:
Richard,

Feel free to contact me if you are ever traveling through the area, we can train if you've got an extra day or 2 or if you just need an area to air dogs...or want to stop and have a bite to eat.

Cray
Or to play a game of "tag" with Cray's older son.

"You're it!" OUCH!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts