RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few problems with the servo's on 2 of the four shooter's I use to train with. I called Aaron and Tom and described the problem. Tom said the servo's probably wore out. He said he would send me out 2 new servo's and when I get them send the old ones back.

I am very pleased with the service I get from working with both Aaron and Tom and Bumper Boy. I would very highly recommend their product.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am not aaron or tom but I do field rep their products all I can say is: they will do their best to keep you happy.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Well glad you had good service from them. When I bought my two BBs a few years back I got GREAT service, but now I'm begining to wonder. I've been trying to get upgrades for mine for a while, too much leg work required, too many phone calls, emails, voice mail, etc required just to get upgrades. I talked to BB two weeks ago to confirm they recieved my older launchers and they had, but still no replacements, was told 4-5 days, no charge on my credit card and no phone calls from them saying they are on back order or any reasonable excuse....

Very, Very Frustrated!!

FOM

·
Registered
72 Posts
BUMPER BOY SERVICE SUCKS!

I ordered 2 new 4-shooters two weeks ago. The order arrived last week....missing both advanced sound speakers, the pro controller AND the charger. :( I called Aaron and explained the deal. He assured me that the speakers were shipped out on Monday. And that he would "next day air" the control and charger. (This was Wednesday.)

Friday rolls around--and still no speakers, controller or charger! :evil: I call Aaron again. He puts me on 'hold' for a while then provides 2 different tracking numbers. Says 2 different carriers are hauling the stuff. (What?!) So I run the tracking numbers. Guess what? The speakers didn't ship out until Thursday (and they went out "regular ground") and the controller and charger didn't ship out until Friday! (But it did go out "next day" and did arrive today). HOWEVER, Aaron assured me that I would have all of this stuff by Friday. NOT!!! I'm still waiting on the speakers--which are not scheduled to be delivered until WEDNESDAY!!! :evil:

What a circus! I like the product, but their customer service is the pits!

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
roxie,

I love the BBs, they are an awesome training asset especially for the working stiff who doesn't have helpers all the time. I got great service 3 years ago, but now....I'm begining to consider going with the Maxxs and or wingers with electronics and telling BB to kiss off.

Come on its freaking training season, at least let me know what the hold up is!

FOM

·
Registered
72 Posts
Without a doubt....Etch-Marc's (the mfg. of the Max) customer service is far superior! Ted and company at Etch-Marc are top shelf. Prompt, responsive and reliable.

If only BB would take some customer service lessons from Max. :?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good so far but we will see with the latest

I have no complaints with Aaron or BB todate. They replaced 4 bumpers which were not holding up after a year. Took a month but I was in no hurry and told them so.

I recently purchased a used 4 shooter that would not program with my original unit Pro transmitter. Called Aaron the next day and he confirmed the programming was not compatible. I sent off the latest receiver for programming yesterday. I have every expectation that they will uphold their committment to upgrade and return promptly. Training season is here and me 2 dogs need the units.

They have been good to work with over the past year so qualms from me.

I do have a buddy who bought a unit in Feb and still is waiting on the speaker and one who purchased a new 4 shooter bag (part of an entire pkg) in December and is still waiting for the bag.

Aaron, I know you read hear, thanks for the service and hope you get things straightened out with the other posters quickly. Service is what brought me back to your product.

Steve

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Just got off the phone with Aaron, he said I should have a shipping status by noon tomorrow. I really do like BBs and I this will be my third generation one....I'll post the results on the renewed attmept at customer service. He seemed truly concerned on the phone....

FOM

·
Registered
185 Posts
Product will be excellent for my needs when I have some sound to go with it. I ordered 2 derby doubles in Feb. and have not received either of the advanced sound speakers to date. Aaron said they were on back order. I called them last week on Tuesday and he said the speakers had come in and I should receive them this week.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Aaron speaks the truth..........the speakers that were on 'backorder' have arrived; however, if they get shipped out to you when promised might be another story. :?

I received my backordered speakers today.....almost a week later than told. :roll: Oh well, at least they arrived and now I can get back to training. :D

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Well I did not get the email, but did get a tracking number, so the checks in the mail....

FOM

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive had my two derby doubles for a few years now and they had worked great until about 3-4 months ago. Gave Aaron a call, determined that the problem with one was the wiring harness and the other was the speaker. I had a new speaker & wiring harness within 4-5 days. I recently sent both of mine in for the upgrade and was told there would be about a 3-4 day turn around time from when they receive the units to when they ship them back to me. My units should have arrived there Wed. or Thurs this week, so I guess Ill see if his estimate holds up.

Thus far I cant say that I have any complaints with their service.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
I got my BB today! :D Aaron came through as I had hoped. I feel sorry for Aaron because it seems he is stuck in the middle, trying to meet customers needs, but when other departments don't ship out products on time what can he do? He kicked some butt for me and I wanted to say Thank You!! Now I'm off to play with my new toys.....BTW Flash loves the new bumpers and I like the way the throw, nice weight to them.

FOM

Now only if we can teach Aaron how to spell "earth" :wink:

·
Registered
947 Posts
What Service?

I started trying to get information from Bumper Boy in early Feb. I spoke with Aaron and he twice promised "its in the mail". I have since then left phone messages and sent emails with absolutely no response - and I didn't even have a complaint! I'm looking for options, including building my own.

·
Registered
94 Posts
UPDATE:

I spoke to Aaron yesterday about my receiver I sent in for programming. He told me it would be shipped out last night or today latest. It was received Tuesday, March 16. Assuming I get it by Friday that is just under a 2 week turnaround on an upgrade. Not GREAT but reasonable given the time includes shipping and I know htey are backed up.

I'll update when I get my item in.

Steve

·
Registered
94 Posts
UPDATE:

I spoke to Aaron yesterday about my receiver I sent in for programming. He told me it would be shipped out last night or today latest. It was received Tuesday, March 16. Assuming I get it by Friday that is just under a 2 week turnaround on an upgrade. Not GREAT but reasonable given the time includes shipping and I know htey are backed up.

I'll update when I get my item in.

Steve

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Part of the problem with turn around at Bumper Boy is US Customs.
Part of their manufactoring facility is in Canada, and the office where Aaron works is in Washington State. So the packages have to go through US Customs when entering this country. With increased terrorist threats everywhere, we will have to get used to these types of delays. Just like the delays at airports.

If it makes any of you feel any better, I too, as a dealer of Bumper Boy products, am often "bit" by the same delays you are experiencing.

The backordered speakers are in! Anyone requiring a speaker should email Aaron and remind him, just in case.

Hope this helps :!:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got my updated receiver on Tuesday March 30, about 2 weeks after BB received it. Everything was updated and modified as required and it works great now!

The update was because the receiver sent in had programming that was incompatible with my newer model. There was no operational issue with the unit.

Thanks Aaron. I can wait to get it in the field and start remote doubles.

Great Job Guys!

Steve

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Aaron,

I noticed you were visiting this site a few weeks ago, so I thought I would try to touch base with you via this forum.

Hoping to hear from BB soon.

Julie - who luckily is very patient.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts