RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity today to train with 2 BB belonging to a friend in my training group.

He just bought 2 "4 shooters"; one with regular sound and one with advanced sounds.

PRO:
I liked the advanced sound (duck sound was used).

The bumpers were visible (black & white rubber with black & white streamers).

Bumpers were consistent where they were landing.

Took some time to reload but not bad.

Lightweight

CONS:
The "chirping" of the regular BB sound was absolutely useless. We ran about 10 dogs......NOT ONE turned their heads toward the short mark where the "chirping" was being used :( Several of us commented between marks how the "chirping" from the BB sounded just like the birds in the trees around us :(

Bumpers tended to land black side up in the pond. This was not bad for the big dogs, but we were running two pups who are about 4 1/2 & 5 months old. If the white side had been showing, it would have helped build their confidence (as it would with the big dogs if they were having trouble), especially in and around the decoys.

I can't comment on using the transmitter as I didn't use it. However, there were a couple of times we did have to remind the person operating it to "arm" it.

·
Administrator
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny.....during the training session, we were trying to figure out how difficult it would be for BB to "weight" the bumpers so that the white side would be showing in the water......

Will BB offer the "smart bumpers" so that the white shows for young dogs? Would be nice :)

·
Administrator
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhhhhhh.....I noticed that little hole, but didn't think much about it.

I'll let my friend know about your suggestion.

·
Administrator
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joe,

Having now used with BB in our training group several times, IF I were to buy BB, I would definitely buy the advanced sound.

The guy that owns the BB doesn't have a case. I don't see the need for one, but it might be nice.

Vicky

·
Administrator
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Joe,

I would recommend the advanced sound. I have 2 of the 12 shooters and a couple of the guys in my training group now have either the 4 shooters or derby doubles. They have all upgraded to the advanced sound!

I don't know about you, but it seems my original warranty always goes out just when I need it , so I recommend the extended warranty :)

Vicky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.