RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was reading the instruction on my bumper boy, and noticed I could charge the transmitter. I looked at the battery and noticed it was not a rechargeable battery, but charged the transmitter anyway. I must have changed it out.

Today, I was organizing a new gear bag and found what I think is the original rechargeable battery. So, what probally happened to transmitter last night while I was charging it with a non-rechargeable battery?

While I'm asking, what do I need to do maintenance on the bumper boys because I haven't done any yet. I figure I need to roll the O rings in some of the silicon that came with them to begin with.

I bought the most awesome gear bag today. It is a Flambeau Contractor bag. It is an incredible gear bag for dog training.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Yeah the transmitter is rechargeable. Probably did nothing to it by trying to charge it last night. I do little maintenance on my bb’s. I wipe them down from time to time and every great clean the barrel. I also put some silicone on the shaft to keep the bumpers sliding freely.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The alkaline battery you installed probably didn't take a charge. Alkaline batteries require a sine wave charge that discharges slightly, then charges, then discharges slightly, ect...

Nothing happened to your transmitter unless the battery you were charging busted.

I have a design for charging akaline batteries including 9V alkalines if you want to build your own. It will cost more to build than buying one off of the shelf or online.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I got a new Bumper boy about a month ago.I like it it alot.I used two old gun cleaning rods to make two short cleaners.One for the 22's and another to clean out the bumpers.The most fun with it so far was doing the grouse sound behind my wife in the kitchen before she knew it did that.I thought it was funny anyway.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
When charging the transmitter, it MUST BE turned on to charge :!:
The launchers themselves, are charged in the off position.

Check your owners manual.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, It sounds like I didn't hurt anything.

Lablover,

Are you going to be at the field trial tomorrow? I have been off all week, and dog training. It has been a beautiful week.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yes, I'm going to the FT Friday for a couple of hours, just to see friends.

I'll be helping at the Q on Saturday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts