RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bumper Boy two shooter has an issue. One barrel won’t cock. I pull down on the handle and it won’t catch. I replaced the barrel unit with a spare. I tested yesterday and it worked fine. This morning it wouldn’t cock either.
I checked that the trigger is not touching the release mechanism.
Any suggestions as to the problem?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
When this happens with mine, I have to reset the position on the "arm" of the firing mechanism.

Meredith

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
When I have had issues with the 'hammer' not working properly, I have manually pressed the firing arm/trigger to 'fire' the empty barrel (open and safe) and make sure everything is in 'neutral', so to speak. Then, as Meredith suggested, pull the servo arm away from the trigger.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
When it’s supposed to move and doesn’t WD 40. Hammer just needed some lubrication.
When I charge the units I normally spray with a silicone spray. I guess I forgot this last time.

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another barrel wouldn't cock. Lub didn't help. Examination showed the n-s part of the hammer wouldn't clear the metal cover of the servo. There was play in the hammer. Just a case of the unit getting old. Just pushed the hammer forward and it cocked.
I am trying hard to keep these units going.
Every day after training I have to make repairs in something.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The bumper boys have been a great help over the years, but they are high maintenance. My hubby has a tool box in the truck just for them with O rings, lube, etc. People made fun of them in the day, but when you train alone as much as I do, they are a huge help.

I was sorry to see the company go out of business.

Meredith

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I now have all four two shooters working. Waiting on two servos for my four shooter. Yeehaw!

Reactions: Kenneth Niles Bora
1 - 7 of 7 Posts