RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use any other electronics other than bb with Bumper Boy 4 shooter? Any info will be appreacited. Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I think you could. Just a matter of getting a receiver that will "fire" 2 servos for a 2 shooter. The more servos the more complicated. I think with BB out of business, necessity will cause us to find a way.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I am a idiot when it come to electronics. However, a friend fires his stuff with Milligan radios. Puts them both on the same channel and each time he presses talk the unit fires.

If it is on voice activated and a car goes by it will also fire. Make sure it is turned off. This was interesting one day when he was trying to figure out the firing problem while not touching the radio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As many of us have the BB units we need to channel all of our information somewhere we can find it. Possibly a sticky at the top for good information. I would love to purchase some of the hard bumpers for a 4 shooter but not having any luck. Would be great to find another set of electronics that would work as good or possibly better. There has to be a market for these things as customer service seems to be what turned most people away.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
BB going out of business is what turned me away.

People on here make their own multi- unit receivers. It should be doable to use tritronics or dogtra to fire the servos on BB. I think Tri tronics has a receiver that will fire two "things." I don't know about dogtra.

I use the BB transmitter to fire a winger and run a Malcolm retired gunner.

The way BBs were made the servo would always return to the middle position. If you rewire the servos with something else you'll probably have to manually return the servo arm.

I guess I'll be learning when the BB's fail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interstate batties for batteries. I have my transmitter at Hasty's Communication now being checked but no word if they will or can repair it.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Let us know if they can fix it. I wouldn't think they are very exotic.
There'd be peace of mind knowing that someone can fix them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts