RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what it takes to get Bumper boy to call you back?
I placed an order for replacement parts and sent my transmitter to
be fixed in December. I have called and called and have heard nothing back.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Sylvia

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nope, great product, but lousy customer service. Still amazes me how they continue to stay in business. They need a lesson in customer service from Tritronics or someone else. I just hope I never have any serious issues with mine. :(

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
If I knew how to get BB to return phone calls, I sure wouldn't give it away free on the internet :)

Seriously, though. No idea. I keep calling and emailing and doing whatever to try to get them to respond. It doesn't always work.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know everyone likes the BB's, but I switched to the Thunder. LOVE IT. It doesn't shoot quite as far but I have found that is the only negative, if it is a negative at all.
Very dependable
Low cost, same bottle last forever.
Easy set up, much quicker than a BB
Easier to carry and load (no edges, square)
and you don't have to reload it every time you put the bumpers on, just put them on and walk away.
NO more shells
NO more fooling
NO more wires
WAY better machine and you can actually speak to someone!

GREAT PRODUCT over a BB
Had mine a year so far. Use it every day. 30 shots today alone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just a thought but Bumper Boy is located on the west coast and in the pacific time zone. I've had great luck and response from them, excellent training equipment!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I have thought about going to the Thunder. Two things hold me back. First is that I owned (actually it is still in my garage) a Max 5000 that never worked as advertised. The second is that the bumpers are a little light and can get blown if it is very windy though. They do make a nice through though, if it is not windy. The BBs go off too fast, IMO, although the streamers help slow them down on the way down so the dog can see them.

A friend has started using the Thunders and I do like what I have seen so far.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had 4 derby doubles now for 8 years and love them.
I can have 4 separate stations and they are wonderful
training tools. Gracie loves them and they have been great
for my 8 month old. They really fired up my young dog and for the 1st time saw her
run hard like her mom. Have had very little trouble with them
and none with service till this incident.
Will continue to use them and will just keep calling.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I'm still waiting on my BB upgrade. They called me out of the blue with news that my DD upgrades would be here in 3 weeks. That was over a month ago!!!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I ordered the new reciever and remote and they havent even billed my Credit card yet that was 2 weeks ago but I have the confirmation email so I am weary of trying to place the order again thinking that when they get caught up they will bill me twice - have called 3 times and no reply I think they need to hire an office assistant

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They called me late this afternoon and my order
will be mailed out this week. I sure hope so.
I think they have been overwhelmed with the upgrades
because I have never had problems before.
At least they contacted me,and now if they will deliver.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am sure they are swamped with the new system.
Here is some BB praise.
Got the upgrade hoohed it up tested used in the field no problems worked great, sent back old electronics. took bb out and it would not work, brought back home relinked and recharge. Test in basement no worries. took to field stopped working.

I Emailed BB told them what I had happen. No reply till I got the "Your order has shipped" email two days later. Paired up and no problems since. Yes a email back would have been nice but the replacement trasmitter came before end of week and I was out the next day training.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought my Thunder and have same experience as your post when I trained with my trainer.

BB going up for sale it has less than 10 training sessions on it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Dear valued customer,

As you are aware, we’ve recently been calling you asking for contact information, and also informing you that we will be shipping out the new electronic upgrades (transmitter and receivers). As of right now, we just wanted to let you know that there has been a delay on the shipment, upwards of roughly 4-5 weeks due to a manufacturing issue on a very particular part.

We apologize for the delay, and any inconvenience this has caused. If your unit is down and inoperable as is right now, please notify us at the email and phone numbers listed below and we will do everything we can to get you up and working.

We will let you know as soon as the new units arrive, and we appreciate your patience through this matter.

Regards,

bumper doy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts