RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions for using Bumper Boy launchers around/in water. It seems that dummies won't shoot well when wet. Any great ideas for drying them between uses?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Greg

Two suggestions...

- grab the wet bumper by its throw rope and spin your arm like a windmill. The centrifical force will get most of the water out.

- if you still have problems, carry a 12g shotgun cleaning jag and a piece of cloth to wipe them out.

Regards, Jason.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I carry a set of bumpers for each set of water marks and only use dry bumpers. Some of my older ones have cracks in the coating and become waterlogged. When I take 2 four shooters and plan on 2 sets of water marks where I will need all 8 bumpers per set up, I bring 16 bumpers.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I haven't noticed a problem with mine getting wet. I do spin them around, and haven't been using them very long.

Is a shotgun cleaning jag a wire brush? I've used the wire brush some, but am worried that maybe that is the wrong thing and I'm going to scrape up the inside of the tube.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Thanks, I'm appreciative of the information, and impressed that you came up with a picture that fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts