RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions i'd like some opinions or answers on...

1. Why do day old mallards cost double what pheasants cost?

2. Any good places in New England or anywhere I guess to find cheaper mallards?

Last year I got 50 pheasants from Peaceable Hill in VT. They were great to work with and good prices, too. I am considering getting mallards to try this year, but paying double seems like it may not be worth it, even if I can't use pheasants in the water.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
What are the prices your looking at now? I know a few places that have some good prices.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pheasants I believe $1.95 if you buy 50.

mallards I saw cackle hatchery for $2.90 if you buy 30 but it says they are already sold out for 2012.

murray mcmurray is $4.40 if you buy 30.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
pheasants I believe $1.95 if you buy 50.

mallards I saw cackle hatchery for $2.90 if you buy 30 but it says they are already sold out for 2012.

murray mcmurray is $4.40 if you buy 30.
Man I'm getting pheasant chicks for .90 any quantity, Let me see what I can find for mallards.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Train with both. An, out of order, hen pheasant flyer is harder to pick up when the go bird is a dead mallard.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
we need to get the duck guy on here Killey bittner- he is out of Iowa and SD he raises a bunch of birds for hunt test and field trials I will PM him and see what he can offer

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The prices you are showing for Hoffman Hatchery I think are the best I've seen thus far.

I also just asked my cousin who knows the owners of M&M Hunting Preserve in southern Jersey. I'm hoping to get an inside deal haha;)

http://mmhunting.com

If I go to Rebel Ridge for the hunt test in May I could always stop off and get them on the way home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts