RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any results in yet for the trial in Lost Hills CA. We were supposed to go but had to scratch due to my surgery.
thanks
cindy

·
Registered
608 Posts
:D My friend who is running our dog ( Cricket ) just called.

Derby :

1st Glen Lake Black Kirsty
2nd Wyldfire's Midknight Lullaby ( Cricket ) - (puts her 1 point from the Derby List) :D
3rd Carbon's Blue Pursuit
4th Midknight's Mystical Wizard

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Qual, Am and Open will not be done until this afternoon.

Russ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
75 dogs started the Amateur. 42 handlers picked up (!) and about 9 had big hunts or handles and did not called back, bringing back only 24 to the second series.

It was 95 degrees out and except for the first few dogs who were lucky enough to run early in the morning, there was no breeze to speak of. And they were using hen pheasants.

Second series was a double blind with one of the blinds placed directly in front of a gun station, with the gunner turned facing the line. From what I heard, many dogs would not run directly at the gun but maybe someone who was there can fill us in.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Amateur Results

Here's what I heard via the grapevine-Hope it's accurate!!
Amateur

1st - Chippewa Wilson - John Pampy
2nd - Volwood's Peaches and Cream - Jack Vollstedt
3rd - Princess Mac Dart of Esplanade - Judy Bly
4th - ??

RJ - Valley Home No Fear - Jim Gerhold

Jam's - Don't know all of them!!

Emberain Rugby - Linda Browne

Land Series was a triple with two retired guns in the tree line. 23 dogs were carried to the land blind.(Flier was 260 yds, short retired was 300 yds, long retired 360 yds)

Land Blind was a double blind with the short blind being right at the bird boy and the long blind on the back side of the flyer station.

Water blind with a poison bird mark on a scented point.

Water triple for the last series in a technical pond. Long land angle entries.

That's about all I know for now!! Congratulations to all!!

Tammy

·
Registered
605 Posts
Calif.

One I do know is 4th place in Amateur to FC/AFC Yellowstone's Dust Devil, o/h G. Brown.

Left early so I could get home and appear like I was making dinner for my husband (brownie points) so didn't stay and get everything.

Glenda

·
Registered
605 Posts
Calif.

Reread earlier post---waterblind was a dry pop, sent from backside of a mound into a technical pond. Tight entry, long blind with water channels to cross after leaving technical pond and then out into field.

Glenda

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Congratulations Glenda . If you hear any other placements please post. I am wondering if any of the phoenix people did anything in the Qual.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Glenda Brown wrote:

Left early so I could get home and appear like I was making dinner for my husband
:)

Congratulations Glenda!!!!!!!

M

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Ah come on you guys. I know a lot of you were down there, can't you give us more results?????? No word on the qual??

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Melanie, Florence.....Thought you guys had connections!! :shock: :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dogcommand said:
Melanie, Florence.....Thought you guys had connections!! :shock: :shock:
Sorry, my connection left the trial early. :( I emailed the Catalogs Express person and asked when/if they would be posting results to their website....no word back yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts