RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to ask for a new cammo hunting coat for Fathers Day. I have learned over the years it is best to be VERY specific in my request (or just buy it myself)! It has been a while since I bought cammo and there are a lot of choices for patterns. I'll be hunting in cypress ponds and swamps in GA. The Max 4 is all over the catalogs these days. The pattern seems to jump off the page and I'm not sure how it would blend in on a duck pond.

Any thoughts on Max 4? What patterns do y'all like?

Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
I like the mossy oak duck blind. It really seems to blend well with lots of surroundings.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have both Max4 and Duck Blind, sometimes I think the Max 4 is to dark, I am starting to like the Duck Blind More
Me too.
I find myself using "Duck Blind" more often.

But honestly I think I shot just as many duck in my brown carhart jacket many years ago..;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Natural Gear, you'll disappear in the swamp!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bottom land best camo pattern out but I hunt timer 95% of the like duckblind also when hunting fields

·
Registered
150 Posts
Only hard fast rule for me, while in snow wear white. :). Other than that i could model about any camo pattern at one time. All my stuff mix and match. Brown camo max 4 duckblind shadowgrass at 3 in the morning throwing stuff on, i don't care. Personal preference imo. Staying stills killed more ducks and geese than any camo out there

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
to the OP since you are in Georgia, you are in Bill Jordan and Realtree's back yard...the Max 4 is a good dead of winter pattern,but too brown for early season...I would guess that Mossy Oak Duck Blind would fit the ticket...personally I prefer MOSG (Mossy Oak Shadow Grass), the MOBU (Mossy Oak Break Up ) may work better in your area

·
Registered
778 Posts
Only hard fast rule for me, while in snow wear white. :). Other than that i could model about any camo pattern at one time. All my stuff mix and match. Brown camo max 4 duckblind shadowgrass at 3 in the morning throwing stuff on, i don't care. Personal preference imo. Staying stills killed more ducks and geese than any camo out there

This is so true...

·
Registered
612 Posts
I love the brown Old School camo. Not sure camo colors or patterns make that much of a difference when hunting. Cover up and sit tight.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'm surprised by all the Duck Blind fans, looks too bright for our marsh, let alone a cypress swamp.

Maybe I'm just old and cranky and mad about 'em dropping Shadow Grass, but Mossy Oak lost me to Max 4 when they did.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts