RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What would be your preference on clothing at HRC tests (assuming you could change the rule)

• Handler should be in Camo head to toe--No Exceptions!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camo top and dark pants are ok with you

• Camo top and jeans are ok

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
For some reason the Gator's post reminded me of my then 4yr-old grandson's camo for our first duck hunt together. Was his electric blue camo-patterned PJs. We killed a teal, and he worked "his" dog, just like in the yard. (Then we packed it in while we were ahead and went home to show off.)

So I guess there's grounds for requiring "harmonious with the background," rather than simply "camo" clothing. Some pretty nifty snow camo patterns out there. But if there were no latitude for reason, we'd all be buying new camo patterns and hauling a wardrobe trailer in order to match whatever might come up.

A prohibition on jeans strikes me as silly affectation, rather than meaningful, but, as has been noted, it's their game. And if this hunter has to purchase an official HRC uniform to play that game, so be it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.