RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent our final choice in..."Put Me In Coach"...since I coach baseball and football. The name came back fine but with a V(5) tagged on the end. Can I change it? No big deal I guess. But, I thought I had an original!

·
Registered
12,561 Posts
DownEast said:
No big deal I guess. But, I thought I had an original!
So did the first 4 :lol: :lol:
from the q&a on regs. from the AKC site-
I received my dog’s registration certificate, but a roman numeral or my last name has been added to the name I chose for my dog.
Answer:
The AKC reserves the right to assign roman numerals for identification purposes. The AKC permits 37 dogs of each breed to be assigned the same name. In this case the name you chose had already been used for this breed so a Roman numeral was assigned.

When all 37 allotments have been taken, your last name is added.

If you wish to have this name changed, please choose a different unique name for the dog. Please e-mail this information to [email protected].
and also from AKC -
How do I change the name of my dog?
Answer: Please note that a dog's name cannot be changed once the dog is registered unless the error was on the part of the AKC or the dog is eligible for the name change provision stated below.

A one-time change in the name of a dog, whelped in the United States and registered with the American Kennel Club, will be permitted. The dog must have first been registered by the breeder(s) of record, and the breeder(s) must agree to any change in name. The dog's name cannot be changed if the dog has produced or sired an AKC registered litter or received an award at an AKC licensed or member event.

If there are multiple breeders, the dog first can be registered in one of the breeder's names. When transferred to new ownership, only that breeder's signature will be required to change the name.

Any change in name must comply with all AKC requirements.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If you ain't got a sense of humor in the 'dog' business, you need to find something else to occupy your time. Not only will us 'red necks' keep you on your toes but your dog will show you a new trick every now and then. This is for fun. After all, your dog could have been XXXVII :lol:

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
I had a dog named Bodacious XIX. Eighteen other people thought they had an origional name also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts