RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and found a trillion hits but I'm curious about Hillmans FF program.

I understand he uses the collar for pressure but not in the same way others have done in the past. He uses nicks.

I'm looking into using this program but need some help.

Can someone shed some light on the process and how it works and the philosophy behind it?

Thanks!

PS..Sorry for the misspellings and wrong title..sent from my phone!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Yea, Bill Hillman can explain it. In fact he spent the time and effort to put a DVD together that explains the whole thing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, Bill Hillman can explain it. In fact he spent the time and effort to put a DVD together that explains the whole thing.
Thanks for the helpful response. I'm trying to decide whether to buy they program or not. Why would you even post that response? Not helpful and rude.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I did a search and found a trillion hits but I'm curious about Hillmans FF program.

I understand he uses the collar for pressure but not in the same way others have done in the past. He uses nicks.

I'm looking into using this program but need some help.

Can someone shed some light on the process and how it works and the philosophy behind it?

Thanks
He starts forced fetch in his puppy video. He uses continuous stim in his puppy video.
He uses the e collar the same way many others use it. Low level so the dog can think through the process.

philosophy? Train the dog in front of you?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I don't think people were trying to be rude. I think you asked a really tough question to answer in a few words on the RTF.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ask curious because I heard he did not use continuous but instead nicks. I understand the process of using continuous but not nicks. That is what I am curious about.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Bill has a web site and blog. You can email and ask him directly. He also posts videos on different topics. Have you searched his web site?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I ask curious because I heard he did not use continuous but instead nicks. I understand the process of using continuous but not nicks. That is what I am curious about.
I am curious how you use continuous....most people I know , including MAJOR players , bump the continuous button, and adjust the heat wth the dial. So in effect it is a nick .....
How do you use continuous?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am curious how you use continuous....most people I know , including MAJOR players , bump the continuous button, and adjust the heat wth the dial. So in effect it is a nick .....
How do you use continuous?
I don't use the e collar for FF. Agreed on bumping the continuous.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Bill's web site is www.billhillmann.net

I got the new DVDs but haven't watched them carefully, but it sounds similar to the Dobbs book, which was about the only thing available besides Wolters back when I got into this.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hillmanns material all builds off of the other. He has the puppy dvd to start at which i think builds great desire in the puppys. He then goes to the CC and then to FF. His 3 dvd program can be done by age 6 or 7 months. I'am going to try to use his FF technique on one of my "house labs"

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Hillmanns material all builds off of the other. He has the puppy dvd to start at which i think builds great desire in the puppys. He then goes to the CC and then to FF. His 3 dvd program can be done by age 6 or 7 months.

Is that the order in which it's intended to be purchased?

Pup>CC>FF ?

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts