RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been several years since I have been and I remember years ago I was allowed to bring a dog to the convention in Memphis. It was outside and I am sure things have changed but I was wondering if dogs were still allowed?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Several of the conventions I've been to(now keep in mind that I'm 26 and maybe can't remember as far back as you) the only dogs allowed were the ones they would be doing seminars with. I've never seen random dogs walking around with their owners.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last one I went to was in Memphis and they even had dog watering stations. That was in the early 2000's. The convention is fairly close to me this year in Nashville and I thought I would go.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
The one in Memphis that was so dog friendly was the DU Great Outdoors Festival. I attended one time back in 1998 and it was good. Back then they had the festival in Memphis and also up north, in MN, I think. The last I heard (several years ago) they had discontinued the GOF in Memphis and were only having the Northern one. You are calling what you are thinking about attending a "convention" and it is in Nashville. I don't know if we are talking about the same thing or not. The GOF in Memphis did have dog watering/cooling stations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts