RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out Carol passed away today she will be missed.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Rest in peace dear friend you will be greatly missed by the dogs and those who knew and loved you. Rod and the family are in our prayers.

Carol went in for open heart surgery today and did not recover.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Oh No! I loved that "ol" lady. Wished that I could have judged beside her, her wonderful sense of humor, excellent bird placement, and kind and gentle demeanor with the "newbies" like me was one of a kind. I ran many a started and a few seasoned tests under her and was sad when I heard that she was "retiring" from judging. I was hoping to continue to shoot the breeze with her for many years to come while Rod continued judging. We have truely lost a great one in Carol. So sorry Rod for your loss of your soulmate.
Raina

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't run very much HRC but one of the few times I have I was lucky enough to run under Carol. My clients all ran for their title and she was gracious and helpful to them all, the five of them were to say the least very nervous having never ran a finished test before

The experience was to say the least delightful, her kindness coupled with her sense of humor and cheerful disposition made the titling of 5 dogs HRCH all of them handled by first time handlers (the dog's owners) an experience to remember for them and for myself.

She will be missed but never forgotten, especially by the five guys that got there first bucket of water dumped on them and a big congraulations from Miss Carol.

Marty Newport
HighMark Retirevers

HRCH Bead
HRCH Beau
HRCH Jett
HRCH Nicky
HRCH Moose

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Carol Rombauer exemplified what the HRC program was all about. She was patient, caring, empathetic with the handler, yet challenging in her construction of tests. She underscored what hunt test programs should be all about.

I consider Carol to be one of the key folks who helped me transition from being an East-Coast retriever guy, to a newly-arrived, flatlander sort of Midwesterner. Carol made folks feel welcome.

She will be sorely missed.

Rod, my prayers and condolences are with you, your friends and your family members.

Sincerely,

Chris

·
Registered
146 Posts
oh man... she was at our Midway hunt test this past weekend where rod was judging..that is really bad news..
she will be much missed in this part of the country...

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
This is very sad. Like many others, I always found Carol (and Rod) to be kind, welcoming and gracious. She pulled me aside on more than one occassion to fill me in on how to succeed in HRC as opposed to the AKC venue, teaching me the subtle "tricks" that can make all the difference between success and failure, that she learned at various judging clinics.

I ran many dogs under her and Rod. I always looked forward to seeing her smiling face. She is what these dogs games are all about....

My condolences to Rod and their family. She will be missed.

Rest In Peace Carol...... I know she'll be organizing a hunt for all the retrievers in heaven.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My condolences to Rod and family. The world lost a good one. Carol passed out ribbons,hugs and encouragement. All our dogs have run multiple time under Carol. What a special lady,we miss you.

Rod you are in our prayers.

Ed & Melissa Wojciechowski

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is probably the hardest post I have ever had to type. My wife, Melanie, and I loved Carol more than words can express. Early in my career as a pro trainer Carol gave me much hope and inspiration. She was a good friend, a great "dog person", and a wonderful human being.

My humble words cannot express what a great person Carol was. I am sure that heaven's gates opened for her today, but I will still miss her greatly. I only wish that I could tell her how much I love her one more time.

Rod, if you read this I hope you know how much Melanie and I loved Carol, and how much we love you. You are in our prayers, my friend.

Sincerely,
J. Paul and Melanie Jackson

·
Registered
599 Posts
I ran my 1st Started (1st test ever) under Carol, NO ONE (and there are a lot of good Started Judges) made Started more fun. Carol, Rod or both apprenticed me at every level of judging. It has always been a joy to judge with her. She has been a good friend, supporter and judging mentor for me since I met her & Rod. She always cared for my family as much as she cared for me. When my wife started running dogs a few years ago Carol has been there with support encouragement & advice for her. She always made a point of telling both Mindy & I how proud she was of us. HRC is a little less for me today, the spirit she had for this organization knew no bounds. We will miss our friend dearly. We love Rod just as much and hope we can do more than just give our condolences.

Steve, Mindy, Shawnna, & Cory

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I had the pleasure of judging with Carol at Music City HRC during their all women slate of judges. She stuck it out with me both days and never said a word about my being a Yankee!
I didn't know her very well but it was obvious that she was well liked. The HRC has lost a good woman, judge and friend today.
She is home now. God bless Carol and her family.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Godspeed Carol. You and Rod spend many hours entertaining me and my mutts at HRC tests, for which we are very grateful. I'll go blow a party horn in your honor.

Sincere sympathy Rod.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The last time I ran under Carol I had butchered a water blind and knew I was on the bubble. I had a much better land series, when she was handing out ribbons, called my name and, with a great big smile, said to me "You pulled that one out of your a**, Buddy". I will never forget that.

Carol was a wonderful person, she will be greatly missed! God Bless the Rombauer Family!

With Sympathy,

Greg Jovanovic
HR She's a Magical Lady JH

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
This is a shocker, and so very sad.
Our heart felt sympathies to Rod and family.
Carol was a gem as everyone has stated.
She knew how to set up a test, and judge with respect and encouragement.
If you have ever had the pleasure to run under Carol, you will never forget her kind, happy glowing spirit.

Colleen and Jim

1 - 20 of 31 Posts