RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Only thing i have heard is the Open is a quad with a triple retired. 2 short retireds and a long retired up the middle of the 2 short. Cell coverage was bad but pretty sure this is right.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
K G said:
A triple retired? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy mackerel regards,

kg
My report was that only 3 dogs were "lost" by 2 p.m. :shock:

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Does anyone know if they finished or going to finish the first series of the Open?

FOM

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
10-15 dogs left.....for tomorrow....

FOM

·
Registered
104 Posts
Central Ark

Twenty two dogs to run tomorrow in open. Quad with three retired(two in layout blinds with no gun stands in field). Work has been good to this point. The Q took 23 dogs to the seccond(land and water blind).

·
Registered
619 Posts
central arkansas

44 back to the land blind in the open.

Am is about half way through with the first series. Ir's a triple with long retired right duck, short standout duck on the left thrown on the base of a levee, and a shot rooster in the ;middle as the go bird. A few handles and a few pickups, most dogs are doing it in some form or fashion.

Ryan Brasseaux and Smitty (Youngblood) won the Qual. Don't know other placements.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
So they went from 98 in the catalog to 44 for the second series?

Somebody 'splain to me how that happened after this:

My report was that only 3 dogs were "lost" by 2 p.m.
...and this:

Twenty two dogs to run tomorrow in open. Quad with three retired(two in layout blinds with no gun stands in field). Work has been good to this point.
:shock: !!!

kg

·
Registered
67 Posts
K G said:
So they went from 98 in the catalog to 44 for the second series?

Somebody 'splain to me how that happened after this:

My report was that only 3 dogs were "lost" by 2 p.m.
...and this:

Twenty two dogs to run tomorrow in open. Quad with three retired(two in layout blinds with no gun stands in field). Work has been good to this point.

kg

98 started and the judges called 43 to the second, pretty simple :wink:

In all actuallity, bout 10 or so dogs with real good work, 20 or so with good work, maybe 20 or so questionable dogs, the rest there shouldn't have been any doubt. Work this morning was not near as good as yesterday, no wind this morning :( No questions from anyone when I gave the callbacks.

Land blind had a mark thrown left to right off to the right of the blind. Then a poison bird thrown right to left over the line too the blind. If dog makes it under it, it then had to get past bubba who was in his layout blind asleep and had shot 3 mallards but forgot to pick them up. Those who managed to get the blind then had to go pick up the right mark, which by the way retired into a layout blind. NICE.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
In all actuality, 'bout 10 or so dogs with real good work, 20 or so with good work, maybe 20 or so questionable dogs, the rest there shouldn't have been any doubt.
Then I guess we need some more reliable reporters! :wink:

kg

·
Registered
67 Posts
2dogs said:
What about the actual numbers that got called back for the Open......anybody got those?

Sorry. . . 20 dogs back for the water blind in the open and am.

i think ~13 going to the 3rd in the derby.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Qual Results

1. Dog #41 (I think) Ryan Brasseaux
2. #54 Duece Reece Hudson
3. #53 Sally Jay Chesshir/ Paul Sletten

RJ #36 Abby Reece Hudson

that is all i got.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Kevin White said:
Qual Results

1. Dog #41 (I think) Ryan Brasseaux
2. #54 Duece Reece Hudson
3. #53 Sally Jay Chesshir/ Paul Sletten

RJ #36 Abby Reece Hudson

that is all i got.
CONGRATS Jay on Sallys placement.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
6 dogs back this morning for open water marks. Farmer has 3, and i know darnell is also their. not sure of the other 2.. derby 10 back to the water marks 1/2 way through right now of the 4rth series

1 - 20 of 38 Posts