RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone trained any offspring of this guy? Has anyone seen him work? Curious to work ethic, style, marking ability, etc. (him and/or his offspring). I did the search function and saw some good info, but primarily from one person. If anyone else has anything useful I'd love to hear it. Thanks!!

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
A friend of mine has a dog out of him. She's moved recently so I haven't seen him in over a year. Did well as I recall. She also had obedience titles on him. She's a amateur and did all the training herself.

I'm looking to use a son of his that Phyllis Giraux owns. His name is Deep Run Casablanca SH. He has 3 master passes as a 3 year old. I got to really look over him at a test a few weeks ago and really like him. His head is better along with his front then his photographs lead you to believe. He also moves very nice. His 2 minus's I saw were a weak top line and his tail carriage is odd. But he obviously has a brain to have that many MH passes at his age. He also has show points and will go back into the breed ring once he finish's his master. http://deeprunretrievers.com/stud.htm#casey

Angie

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You guys also need to look at Gunner, who is Sam's half brother, different sire. I went to Ohio to look at him last fall. He runs like a field dog and temperament is stellar. The pics on the website don't do him justice. He was owner trained and handled to his MH, it was his first dog.

http://hammrlabs.com/index.asp?ID=23

Sue Puff

·
Registered
968 Posts
I will see Sam work this weekend.
Angie I think Phyllis told me Casey had a chance at being of of the youngest lab CH/MH

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I loooked at him too. Like his look and type as well. Shoot me a pm about what you might breed to that guy. I'm considering a show(field titled) /field outcross again.
A friend of mine has a dog out of him. She's moved recently so I haven't seen him in over a year. Did well as I recall. She also had obedience titles on him. She's a amateur and did all the training herself.

I'm looking to use a son of his that Phyllis Giraux owns. His name is Deep Run Casablanca SH. He has 3 master passes as a 3 year old. I got to really look over him at a test a few weeks ago and really like him. His head is better along with his front then his photographs lead you to believe. He also moves very nice. His 2 minus's I saw were a weak top line and his tail carriage is odd. But he obviously has a brain to have that many MH passes at his age. He also has show points and will go back into the breed ring once he finish's his master. http://deeprunretrievers.com/stud.htm#casey

Angie

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
You guys also need to look at Gunner, who is Sam's half brother, different sire. I went to Ohio to look at him last fall. He runs like a field dog and temperament is stellar. The pics on the website don't do him justice. He was owner trained and handled to his MH, it was his first dog.

Sue Puff
Shoot!!! His owner was at the last few hunt tests I attended. I had no idea. Thanks Sue for the heads up. I'll definitely check him out. He looks very nice.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have seen Casey work and thought he did a nice job. He's a big boy who definitely looks like he belongs in the show ring and, frankly, I was surprised at how well he moved. I am keeping my eye open for a stud dog to take Alli to (if I decide to breed her again);her last breeding with Vince produced 10 wonderful pups and I am seeing good things from them. Sue, thanks for the link to Gunner. Love the fact that he is a black lab. Sounds like from what you said, he has tons of drive.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts

Sue Puff
Thanks for the link to Gunner. I had no idea about him, and his half brother, same sire, lives in my house!

·
Registered
131 Posts
My dog, Dutch, is out of Sam. He went 5 for 5 for his MH this Spring as a 2 yr old. He is amateur trained. He is a full-time guide dog during season. Generally we hunt over parties of 6-8, which is extremely demanding and chaotic on a dog (he's been on multiple 100plus shoots). He is an exceptional guide dog. Intense focus with control. In a just a few hunts he had already learned how to pick-out the cripples. It generally takes several seasons before the dogs really understand this. Dutch has the best memory of any dog we have ever hunted over and just seems to know how to find the hard birds. -- He is also pretty good looking as well!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
My dog, Dutch, is out of Sam. He went 5 for 5 for his MH this Spring as a 2 yr old. He is amateur trained. He is a full-time guide dog during season. Generally we hunt over parties of 6-8, which is extremely demanding and chaotic on a dog (he's been on multiple 100plus shoots). He is an exceptional guide dog. Intense focus with control. In a just a few hunts he had already learned how to pick-out the cripples. It generally takes several seasons before the dogs really understand this. Dutch has the best memory of any dog we have ever hunted over and just seems to know how to find the hard birds. -- He is also pretty good looking as well!
Please post up some pics when you have time.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts

Sue Puff
Lordy Karen- that kid is fatter than me. Got $5 says I can outrun the turd and in general I only outrun inanimate objects. Might be pretty handy at a tailgater. Yas could strap a coupla pizza across his azz and then just have him walk around.

Runs like a field dog my arse regards

Bubba

·
Registered
932 Posts
If anyone wants to see video of gunnr at master test, I have some from last fall.

Very stylish. Very driven. Was very impressed.

I also have seen Sam run.. Not as stylish, but I think that is only due to better training. I will see Sam run this weekend. I will try to video some as well.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Lordy Karen- that kid is fatter than me. Got $5 says I can outrun the turd and in general I only outrun inanimate objects. Might be pretty handy at a tailgater. Yas could strap a coupla pizza across his azz and then just have him walk around.

Runs like a field dog my arse regards

Bubba
It was only a matter of time...going to get the popcorn....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I could not agree more with Heinz87. HRCH Von Feukenduk MH or Dutch is the complete package. I have had the pleasure of hunting with him and watching him grow up in the Hunt Test World. He may be young but, he looks like a long time veteran of the game when he is on the line.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts