RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What do you think about a RTF live chatroom?

• It's not necessary, this board gives me close enough to "real time" to see what's recent and respond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it would be good and we should add one.

• Not sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the homepage, http://www.retrievertraining.net , there is a link to a live "Dawg Chat". It is old and outdated. It has tons of pop-ups, performs decent at best, and rarely gets used.

I've discussed briefly with Chad the notion of adding a much better chat setup.

Please take a moment and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks! Chris

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Chat Room

Quite often I'm up in the middle of the night pondering important things. Things like "why do old guys have to pee so much in the middle of the night, what am I gonna do with that ONE wild "wimmen", you know, important stuff.

Generally Aussie is up all bright eyed and bushy tailed and likes to talk to me when I'm in my drawers, like WRL. The chat line is "real time".

Jerry

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
It isn't "necessary" but it sure is nice having it.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Chat rooms aren?t my thing. Can?t type quite fast enough to keep up anyway. BB format give me time to think about things/issues/points/debate. Plus it allows you to quote an entire passage and hopefully not be taken out of context.

BB are my chosen method of discussing retriever training.

I expect chat rooms have their place, but I doubt I will use one.

Joe Miano

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Jerry you are too funny.

I have not used the chat room for a long time but still think it is a good option especially for outsiders.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Howard N and I have used it on occasion and I thought it worked just fine

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I voted not sure. I've never gone to a chat room before and I'm not sure if that much of a faster paced typing thing is something that I'd use much. But for those that want one, I'm certainly not against having one. Who knows, maybe I'd like it if I tried it.

Andy

·
Administrator
3,826 Posts
Chat rooms are a lot of fun. Not really used for advice for training, etc., just to interact, joke with & have fun :)

Vicky

·
Registered
100 Posts
Chris Atkinson said:
Anyone else?

I'm not going to add a chatroom unless a bunch of you want one.

Chris
I ditto what subroc Joe said. I can't type or think fast enough to "chat." This thing we got here is good enough fo' me.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Plus, we have the Private Message feature. One can always get a Hotmail address and get Instant Messaging.

Jerry

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like I'm not spending my or Chad's energies/time on adding a chat to RTN/RTF.

Anyone wanna try to sell me on adding one, have at it.

PM me if you don't want to post publically.

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond and read.

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts