RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure I know the answer i'm about to ask,,but just in case of a rule change. I know its not quite like a regular FT because there are puppy stakes...so.... Can a Chessie run at the specialty with an IPL number?

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would go to the American Chesapeake Club Web site and look for the person who is heading the field trial specialty and ask them. I would suspect it is the same as conformation, need to have AKC registration but it could be different.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I'm pretty sure the ACC Specialty FT only differs from other FTs in restricting entries to Chesapeakes. Yes they have puppy stakes, but I'm pretty sure any FT can have them if they want to. And like any other AKC field trial, the dog has to be AKC registered. ILP dogs can run in AKC hunt tests and other performance events, but I'm pretty sure they can't run in FTs which were designed to find the best dogs for breeding stock, just like the breed ring.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
From the book:
CHAPTER 8
ELIGIBILITY OF DOGS FOR ENTRY,
FULL COMPLETION OF ENTRY FORMS
SECTION 1. No dog shall be eligible to be entered in a licensed or member field trial unless it is an eligible breed that is at least six (6) months of age and is either individually registered with the AKC or individually registered with a foreign registry organization whose pedigrees are acceptable for AKC registration. Dogs from eligible breeds that have been granted limited registration or conditional registration are eligible to enter Retriever Field Trials. Spayed and neutered dogs are eligible. Dogs recorded in the purebred alternative listing program (PAL) and bitches in season are not eligible to enter Retriever Field Trials. For a list of eligible breeds, visit www.akc/events/field_trials/retreivers/eligible_breeds.cfm.
A dog that is individually registered with a foreign registry organization whose pedigrees are acceptable for AKC registration may be entered in licensed or member field trials that are held not later than 30 days after the date of the first licensed or member field trial in which the dog was entered, but only provided that the individual foreign registration number and the name of the country of birth are shown on the entry form, and provided further that the same name, which in the case of an imported dog must be the name on the foreign registration, is used for the dog each time.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks chesaka ,Julie and T Mac
Pete

·
Registered
309 Posts
I believe you also must be a member of the ACC, to run your dog in the ACC FT Specialty.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I believe you also must be a member of the ACC, to run your dog in the ACC FT Specialty.
Pretty sure this is incorrect. Only requirement is that you have an AKC registered Chessie of 6 months or older, except for the puppy stakes where it can be younger. Of course all Chessie owners are strongly encouraged to become members of the ACC.

T. Mac

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
You do not have to be a member of the ACC. I ran and was not a member several years ago. Became a member after I ran and totally enjoyed the specialty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts