RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a Marine, I wanted to name my dog after one of the most famous Marines in Marine Corps History.

Well turns out…...there's resemblance..... I’ll make sure my dog understands that as a compliment! :p

I actually got the idea to make the image after my sister-in-law made this comment;
"He has the same mouth as his honorable namesake! :)"

Click these links for Chesty Puller info;
- Badass of the week Article *WARNING* Humorous but Strong language used.
- Wiki Page

The grin ...

/

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like it!

I had sort of the same thought processes when picking a name for mine. When I got out I was an E-5 Platoon Sergeant…

Semper Fi

·
Registered
592 Posts
That was a pretty good read, thanks for sharing. Hope you dawg is a little nicer than Puller though! LOL

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Thanks for posting Dustin. Neat!!!

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I knew what the registered name for my then new pup would be before I got her, Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog. She's my avatar. I tried out Chesty but had trouble naming a female lab Chesty. He was such a macho marine and all. I tried out Bam for awhile and it stuck. So my Devil Dog became another Bam.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I knew what the registered name for my then new pup would be before I got her, Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog. She's my avatar. I tried out Chesty but had trouble naming a female lab Chesty. He was such a macho marine and all. I tried out Bam for awhile and it stuck. So my Devil Dog became another Bam.

Nice Howard! She's looks great for sure and I've admired that avatar since joining. Easy to spot with that nice looking coat.

On a side note, I didn't like the sound of sending him on 'Ches-ty!' so I decided to send him with 'CHET!' since it's abbreviated and easy for me to remember. :cool:

/

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Chet works. But, could you imagine sending your dog on the long retired bird on Smedly or Daily?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts