RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up 2 Grandkids of Chief x Delta...Boykin Pups....Mojo and Shaw who I introduced last week.

Are there any owners of Pups from his litters on here? I would be very interested in pics and stories as I will hopefully have them ready to Hunt this season and Compete next Spring.

I'll be posting a brief Group standard OB training/play video here as soon as it renders.

Robert

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just bought a Chief puppy but we can't bring him home till next week! This is gonna be a long long week. Sire is GRHRCH UH Saint Thomas Chief (obviously) and Dam is HR Bryan's Santee Delta Sunrise.

I'll post pictures as soon as my little guy gets home!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought a Chief puppy but we can't bring him home till next week! This is gonna be a long long week. Sire is GRHRCH UH Saint Thomas Chief (obviously) and Dam is HR Bryan's Santee Delta Sunrise.

I'll post pictures as soon as my little guy gets home!
Sounds good Bobby....Can't wait to see him.

Bruz

·
Registered
50 Posts
My pup, Chief's Yankee Rebel just turned 2 yrs old. We're all alone as far as Boykins go up here on Long Island but everyone who meets him loves him. He is a ball of fire in the field, and a perfect lapdog in the house. He's been on the front seat of the truck every day since his ride home from Georgia and I wouldn't be without him.
I had him out last year for waterfowl but he was kinda young and just retrieved a few shotgun shells, a merganser, and a few Brant. This year he did quite a few Sea Ducks (Old Squaw and Scoter), and hunted up a few stocked Pheasants. I couldn't be happier and there's nothing that I don't think he can learn to do. I'm having some trouble handling him on blinds but I haven't really put in the time training. But I can send him on 150yd marks all day long, and just try to keep him out of the water or out of thick cover. He is a brush busting fool.

Being my first Boykin, I don't know if it's a Boykin thing or a Chief thing but he is a great dog and I have had a few. Good luck to you both. If your pups turn out anything like mine you will be more than satisfied.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions,

BB

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bobby,

Picked up your pup yet? Make sure you posts some pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up my Boykin, Patron, a week ago. He is a nephew of Chief and he has been a blast so far! He's on the larger side weighing 40lbs @ 10 months. Ready to work with him this spring and summer and get him ready for duck season.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tragedy has struck! (not really) but we're sad because we've had to rearrange travel dates and wont get to meet our Chief puppy till next Tuesday... this is gonna be another long week!

Pics are coming! They're just being delayed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just picked up my Boykin, Patron, a week ago. He is a nephew of Chief and he has been a blast so far! He's on the larger side weighing 40lbs @ 10 months. Ready to work with him this spring and summer and get him ready for duck season.
Very nice....Now post some pics or Email them to me and I'll post. LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts
South, we need some pics. Patron is how old? Clint Loudermilk did her training right?

Bobby, your family going to be able to stand it another 5 days?

Bruz, how are the twins?

Who all is coming to the Nationals?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dan- Yes, I just went and picked him up from AL last week. They did a great job with him!

I'll be sure to get some pics up soon!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
South, we need some pics. Patron is how old? Clint Loudermilk did her training right?

Bobby, your family going to be able to stand it another 5 days?

Bruz, how are the twins?

Who all is coming to the Nationals?
The Twins are great....Don't think there is a spot that hasn't been hit at least 3 times...LOL and so far we have lost a pair of eyeglasses,a wicker basket (they had a PARTY with that) and a Dokken Teal....Not saying they ate it....Not saying they didn't .....All I know is I can't find it. :)

Bruz

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wicker is their favorite, or is it expensive leather items? Let me know when you find out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Never had an issue with the size of my pictures in any other forums?? :confused:

Dan- Patron is 10 months now. Based on pictures I've seen of Chief I can see some resemblance between the two.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know, never get to run Old South in the Spring. The Nationals are always scheduled the same weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts