RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of the FC and or AFC titled black dogs who throw chocolates that are currently available for stud.

I'm not looking to breed yet, just curious about what's available?

Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
987 Posts
Why not check out a really nice CFC CAFC CLM -- Greg Seddon's Gunner is a very nice choice indeed

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gates is a lil on the small side for my taste.

Gunner is a nice dog
I like Devil as well.

Jeff, thanks for the link to the other page, thats what I was looking for. I would love to get into some of the old blood like Aces High and some of the others. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Flyer - black, chcolate factored. OUt of Elwood.

FC Wynscape's High Flying Blues

He's from Minnesota. Owned by Larry & Jayne Halvorson

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
AFC Coolwaters Ready To Go.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Kip Kemp has an extremely talented one. FC/AFC It's All Over Now Baby Blue is his name. His sister is also an AFC and has a little chocolate brother with an Open win.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Twall, I've seen two Tiger sons and were impressed with both of them. One is an MH and the other QAA. Both nice dogs.

Brad

·
Registered
708 Posts
Dukdawg said:

Gunner is a nice dog
I like Devil as well.

Jeff, thanks for the link to the other page, thats what I was looking for. I would love to get into some of the old blood like Aces High and some of the others. Thanks again.
What do you mean that he is a little on the small side? Meaning his actual size? I would not consider Gates a small dog.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have heard both Carolina's Smoke on the Water and Watermarks Texas Welcome are black, chocolate factored. Both have FCs!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thunderdan said:
Dukdawg said:

Gunner is a nice dog
I like Devil as well.

What do you mean that he is a little on the small side? Meaning his actual size? I would not consider Gates a small dog.
Do you know what he weighs, I don't, I'm just curious. I've seen him run a few times and he just looked small framed to me. I'm not into the 1oo pounders (anymore) but I do like them over 80 or so, just my personal preference. Having said that every Gates pup I've seen impressed the H_LL out of me, smart and quick!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a Gates daughter and she is around 65 lbs, the breeder told me that Gates was around 70 lbs when he bred Sadie's dam to him. My male Gunner is 80 lbs.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Gates ranges around 70-75 pounds although his current weight is on the lower end now following a bout with Lyme's. I bred him to my female who runs 70-72 pounds. The female I kept is 36 pounds at 16 weeks and retrieving pheasants and ducks at 100 yards.

I am considering him as a sire for a litter with my chocolate female because I was VERY happy with the litter I had in January with my yellow. However, I would prefer a black/chocolate or chocolate sire since my female is chocolate/yellow and could have some chocolate factored yellows if bred to Gates.

On the other hand, if I simply breed for quality and ignore color, I can't think of a better sire than Gates for producing pups with great drive, great lining skills, excellent marking, and completely sweet personalities around the house.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeff I would have to agree with you about the quality of the pups. A friend of mine had a gates pup who senior titled at like 9 months, then she ended up being mildly displastic. I know hips are luck of the draw, regardless of who the parents are, but I still am gunshy from having dealt with her.

Gregg Gunner is on a short list for my black female, he is an awesome looking dog.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can anyone post pics of some of these dogs mentioned? Specifically:

It's All Over Now Baby Blue

Ten Bears Road Trip

Troublesome Fat Chance

Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts