RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning to breed our Chocolate female to a FC, AFC, NFC of some sort next fall any recomendations. She is a Tens Bears Road Trip daughter with Ryder and Cuda on the Dam side. This would be her second litter. We are wanting to do a natural breeding... no AI. Just a curious question. If she were your dog who would you go with?

Here is her pedigree:
http://huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?ID=43607

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm not a breeder, so you might be better off ignoring this. I don't know whether or not these dogs' personalities, appearances, health clearances, etc. would compliment your female. But here are some ideas.

FC-AFC It's All Over Now Baby Blue "Blue" (Tiger McBunn x Gator Point's Sweet Potato Pie) would add some Tayduh back in, along with Lean Mac and others.

FC-AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" would go back to Cuda, adding in Fargo II http://fcafclandahoy.com/

AFC HRCH Coolwater's Ready To Go "ready" is an Abe x Lottie grandson http://www.coolwaterkennels.com/ready.htm

FC-AFC Running with the Devil "Devil" would be AI only, but would go back to Harley, and a lot of his pups can be seen in the Nationals.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You didn't say anything about your female. Training level? Any title? Brood female? What are her strong points or weak points
I'm sorry her titles were on the pedigree at Hunting Labs. She is a SHR/JH that is ready to run her HR Test now and Senior Soon. Looking at having her HR and Senior before we breed. May even be working at a Finished Title by then. She is a very, very good marker, she is as hard charging as any female I have ever seen. A very fast learner and a blast to train with. Most everything we do just comes natural to her. If I would not have been working so much she would be a Senior dog right now no doubt.

She is also a wonderful loving family pet too if that counts for much... :razz:

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Hmmm I'd go Black but that's just me, I always go black when it come to dogs ;)

You got to start asking yourself what you like about your girl, and want to keep, also what you'd like to improve on. Then find a male that has the traits you'd like to keep and the traits you'd like to improve. If you don't care about color, most NFC's just go for the dog that balances your girl the best.

Looks Like You've got almost everybody in that pedigree, most studs that carry chocolate will have one or more of them as well, so most will be a semi-line breeding, of Cuda, Blue-thunder(Riptide), Sweet Pea.

If your looking for an out-cross, What about offspring of High Tech Ceo/Tiger McBunn or any of the other FC, *** Chocolate carriers Hattie McBunn X Lean Mac produced.
http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/offspring.asp?id=152&name=NAFC-FC Hattie McBunn

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
FC/AFC It's All Over Now Baby Blue is a Stud I have been thinking about. Is he still alive and if so where is he located any info?

Yes he is in Ponotoc, MS

Thinking you would get better pricing if you waited till HRCH or MH titles. Just a thought if you are serious about titles.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You could breed to Roux's son Bleu, who Frank and I own, who is a repeat breeding to Ammo. EIC and CNM clear and a gorgeous dog. Will run AA this fall. Bleu is a superior marker and will be a reasonable stud fee.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I do find this post very interesting as I also own a Tick female. I am strongly leaning towards Tiger McBunn once she obtains her final Master pass for MH title.
I applaud your patience in waiting to breed till titles completed.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
DOB on your bitch is 03/16/2010 and she has already had one litter??
I would imagine that there would be very few FC/AFC dogs that would consider breeding since she is still too young to have had Hips/elbows certified.
Sorry, just my 2 cents worth.
Please tell me the BD is incorrect?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.