RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke with handler Bob Jones to confirm that Chris' dog - Crude made it through 4 marking/ blind test and is heading to final upland series. He was training on upland this afternoon and said Crude looked good. Way to go Crude making it thus far - I know your dad is looking over you from above proudly.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Being there for that one ribbon to be handed out would be an experience I hate I will miss. Good Luck Bob and Crude.

Janet

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow ... I didn't realize Crude was running. I hope for him more than I would my own dog. Good luck, guys - enjoy the upland, Crude.

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Crude is Chris Darby's 2 year old black male that he lovingly train from a pup before he himself was killed when a tractor trailer crossed into his lane a few weeks ago just as he was leaving Mountain Top heading home with a new truck box. Chris was an HRC regional rep respected by all he came in contact with and made a point to support the dog games. It was Chris's hope to compete at a higher level with his Rough X Chic pup, I think it is obvious that his wish was fulfilled. The handler Bob Jones was a close friend and as a neighboring landowner/trainer of mine I have witness first hand the training dedication he has had with Crude the last couple of weeks. No matter the upland outcome he should be commended for honoring his friend Chris, Chris' family and his dog Crude. Flush'em and sit tight Crude!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Outstanding!!!! As someone said to me yesterday, this is a time when HRC will allow a double handler, Chris has been there with Bob handling Crude.

Good luck to all in the Upland!

·
Registered
923 Posts
If a man can leave a mark on people this deep, then he has truely lived...

Chris was the kind of guy that you looked at, and then looked at yourself and then maybe thought about making some changes in yourself.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Chris just made you feel good, he never thought that there was anything special about himself, everybody around him knew that there was. He will be smiling his big smile today as his dog runs.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Nice, arguably one of the most significant grand passes that has ever been awarded.

Michael Lemon posted on facebook "Honor to Whom Honor is Due. Simple enough statement, but it means so much more today."

It made me cry.I am so happy for Susan and for Chris!!!

Janet

·
Registered
952 Posts
Crude and Bob PASSED!!!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Fantastic -

1 - 20 of 22 Posts