RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got some details about Chris' visit to the National Countrysports Fair in May here in Ireland which may interest you.

Chris will be flying from O'Hare into Dublin on 22/23 May where he will pick up a hire car for the two hour drive into Northern Ireland and the delightful village of Moira where the game fair is staged.

We have organised a field trial wining black labrador for Chris to handle this side and he will spend a couple of days with the dog to let both get to know each other. This will entail some training sessions with local handlers in the lead up to the game fair. In between that, Chris and I will visit various radio and TV stations for interviews and some duck calling demonstrations for the listners/viewers, along with a number of photo calls for national and local press.

There will be a visit to the Mayor of the City of Lisburn in the Civic Centre along with the obligitory exchange of gifts that accompanies such visits and, of course, tea and scones with the Mayor!

On Saturday 26 May, Chris and his new charge will join with handlers who are making the trip to the game fair from Germany, Denmark and Holland to make up the Rest of the World Retriever team which will compete against the cream of retrievers representing; Northern Ireland, the Irish Republic, Scotland, Wales and England for the P&O Ferries International Retriever Challenge. Later that night, all will attend the gundog reception in a local restaurant. Sometime during that day Chris will also give duck calling demonstartions in the show's main arena and on the Scottish Association for Country Sports' stand at the show.

On Sunday 27 May, Chris will be one of the judges in the National Novice Retriever Challenge and will take his place as a visiting judge with Kennel Club "A" Panel judges.

Add to all this a round of meetings, lunch with politicians, a seminar for gundog handlers, the obligatory drinking fo Guinness and whiskey and, of course, some sleep (not a lot though) and the scene is set for a very busy week here in Ireland.

We are not sure if Chris' laptop will work here with our 240 volt electricity supply, but if if doesn't well organise one for him so that he can post nightly updates of RTF to let everyone know how he is getting on.

Exciting or what?

More news on the event at www.gamefairireland.com

Nim

PS Nearly forgot. If we can fit it in Chris will visit my country pursuits centre for some clay pigeon shooting too. See www.foymorelodge.com

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
Nimrod said:
We are not sure if Chris' laptop will work here with our 240 volt electricity supply, but if if doesn't well organise one for him so that he can post nightly updates of RTF to let everyone know how he is getting on.
Nim

PS Nearly forgot. If we can fit it in Chris will visit my country pursuits centre for some clay pigeon shooting too. See www.foymorelodge.com
LOL......do you really think Chris will have the stamina to stay awake long enough to post on RTF after all of the activities you have planned for him??

Sounds like Chris will need a vacation to recuperate from his 'vacation'!!! :)

Go gettum, Chris!!!

Vicky

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vacation

I hear what you are saying Vicky!

It will be hectic for him but I guarantee he'll enjoy every minute of it.

Nim

·
Registered
987 Posts
Now Chris is going to be one busy guy -- almost to busy to hoist a pint of Guiness or have a swallow of good Irish whisky!!!!!

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
This is like a kid going into a candystore to eat 30 pieces of candy when there's only time to eat 10... I can't wait!

Brother Nimrod,

I am REALLY looking forward to it!

Chris

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Chris - I think you need help carrying bags and such.

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
kjrice said:
Chris - I think you need help carrying bags and such.
Hey, hey.....Unca Jer and I have already yelled 'dibs' on that!!!! :wink:

Vicky

·
Registered
987 Posts
If you are looking for a "foreign" assistant then may I offer my humble services to carry bags, duck calls, or even the "loaner" dog -- and I'll even act as your "official" taster of any spirits (good ol' Irish) or Guiness -- just to make sure nobody tries to poison you

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Retriever

I'll post the information on the retriever Chris will run when over here. It is very likely it will end up in the US.

I suppose whoever buys it will be in touch with Chris for a first hand account of its ability.

It has just occurred to me that this dog's price tag could soar!

On the other hand, if it bombs out it may not be going acosss the pond.

No pressure Chris.....none at all!

Nim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts