RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, who indulges either during or immediately after. I'm moving towards indulging after training, and it may become a new addiction. Dang! LOL

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
No cigars, but our training group indulges in a few beers and shop talk after a day of training. Every set up is replayed over and over as they talk about what each dog did. It's their cocktail hour+.

Helen

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will you be taking a wee nip of the peaty scotch from your field flask as well? That's a habit I could see getting into...
Not from mine. Get your own flask. :razz: LOL

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Ok, who indulges either during or immediately after. I'm moving towards indulging after training, and it may become a new addiction. Dang! LOL
A fine Guhrka or Rocky Patel while training is all but a necessity!
A pull off the flask of Jack Daniels after is useful (for medicinal purposes)!!!

Just sayin'..........

RK

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A fine Guhrka or Rocky Patel while training is all but a necessity!
A pull off the flask of Jack Daniels after is useful (for medicinal purposes)!!!

Just sayin'..........

RK
Haven't yet tried a Guhrka or Patel. Kinda liking Ava Maria lately. San Lotano Connecticuts are good too.

I'll keep trying all sorts and narrow down.

Too many options. LOL

·
Registered
621 Posts
LOSTWY, you should be able to reply to this as, before, during and after. Brian what is it that you have lit most of the time? Now scotch and a good cigar would make for a great celebration, or just relaxing after a day of training. Our Tuesday group has a stogie and a couple of brews afterwards, but Saturday is all business.

·
Registered
516 Posts
A cold brew and a nice Fuente robusto in natural. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
LOSTWY, you should be able to reply to this as, before, during and after. Brian what is it that you have lit most of the time? Now scotch and a good cigar would make for a great celebration, or just relaxing after a day of training. Our Tuesday group has a stogie and a couple of brews afterwards, but Saturday is all business.
Mostly Churchill Honduran bundle from Famous or Thompson for they are a good value. H. Upman 1844 are one of my favorites.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Been know to have rocky patel and of course some Jura or 40 creek.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Not a smoker but I've heard it said the ones without writing on the package are the most fun. :roll:

JS

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
At our club, we prefer a 40 and a blunt. Just how we roll.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Absolutey.

Phil,
We will have to train together. Cigar and Shock Top are a nice finish after training.
Jim, when I get a healthy dog I will. I have a few extra Baccarats lying around.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Don't smoke after training but I camp out at almost every test or trial because I just love to camp out and after a successful day there is nothing like a good ribeye off the charcoal with a nice Pinot Noir followed by a Swisher Sweet ... JUST KIDDING! I quit smoking them when they dropped the natural leaf wrapper! ;-) I'm not too picky but like a mild cigar or a nice bowl of pipe tobacco. Just seems to go with sitting by a fire. Never smoke otherwise. Got started on cigars (Swisher Sweets) when I was a kid hunting squirrels, to keep skeeters out of my face.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts