RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to find out what I need to do to register my new pup with both, AKC and CKC.

She is from a AKC registered litter and I want to register with both.

The reason is when I use to run in Canada with my AKC dog they issued me number I used to run in field trials. This number allowed me to run but they would not issue the FTCH without being CKC registered. It was such an ordeal at that time I didn't bother.

Any help?? Anybody have cross registered dogs??

Thank you, Randy

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
We have several AKC bred dogs here. We did the initial registration with the AKC, then registered the dogs with the CKC wanting to have the permanent CKC registration number for running tests / trials up here.

Go to the CKC website - www.ckc.ca - forms online - registration - then item 7 - registration of an AKC Registered Dog Owned by a Resident of the US.

·
Registered
927 Posts
You do not need to individually register your dog in Canada for the titles to count like you used to. Now they have an Event Registration Number that is easier to get. As I recall you need an application, a copy of the AKC registration, a certified pedigree, and a check for the fee. Check on the CKC website for info.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do not need to individually register your dog in Canada for the titles to count like you used to. Now they have an Event Registration Number that is easier to get. As I recall you need an application, a copy of the AKC registration, a certified pedigree, and a check for the fee. Check on the CKC website for info.
Judy, Thank you, but that is what I was trying to avoid.

I had a dog earn his FTCH in the 1990's with a "ERN" ( I didn't remember the name ERN until you posted it)

Although he earned it I couldn't get any proof without a mountain of paperwork.

I thought if I cross registered now it my be less of a head ache.

I do appreciate you help though.

I'll try Snows way first.

Thanks again, Randy

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have several AKC bred dogs here. We did the initial registration with the AKC, then registered the dogs with the CKC wanting to have the permanent CKC registration number for running tests / trials up here.

Go to the CKC website - www.ckc.ca - forms online - registration - then item 7 - registration of an AKC Registered Dog Owned by a Resident of the US.
Snows, Thank you,

That's what I wanted to do.

I plan on running in both countries again and always felt shorted I couldn't show any proof of earning a FTCH.

Thanks again, Randy

·
Registered
927 Posts
You have to do what you feel comfortable with. But my three dogs prior to this one had ERN's. Two earned obedience titles and one earned the Grand Master Hunter title as well as the Qualified Field Trial Retriever (QFTR) title and was officially ranked #5 Qual dog in Canada and listed in the top ten in Dogs in Canada magazine. All of them received certificates from the
CKC for their titles and High in Trials and Top Ten rankings. And they were never registered with the CKC - just has the ERN.

Sometimes the CKC goofs up. The dog I have now was born in and individually registered in Canada and they sent his FTCH certificate but not the AFTCH. I had to write them to get that one.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Judy, I have no doubt what you say is is true.

Since I am registering this pup now and doing all the tests etc.etc. I thought I would get it all over with now.

When I ran with an ERN the "micro chip" was still quite new. The effort to get a 7 year old dog tattooed or chipped plus paper work was more than I wanted to do at the time.

I understand things are different now but, I'm going to do all the leg work now.

Thank you for your help and look forward to meeting you sometime soon.

Randy

P.S. I was one of the Judges at the first CKC Gun Dog Test in Maxville ONT. at Mike's place. I don't remember the year but we had a great time. That includes dogs, handlers, committee,judges and everybody else.

looking forward to competing in Canada again... Regards:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts