Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above lol

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their really any difference between the big boned labs and the field bred labs as it pertains to hunting.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Sometimes them big old topwater plugs don't work that well this time of year. I'd try a smaller jig and maybe tip it with some bacon.

Most of the fish in this hole have already seen that bait.

Trolling Regards

Bubba

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
There is a big difference between the two in terms of ability. The field lab is bred for intelligence and desire. Plus, there are some great looking field bred labs if one looks around.

What is a big block head? People seem to have different opions as to what a block head is. If one is refering to the big show/bench head with the dome top and big heavy body to go with it, I would say, "No thanks". This type of dog is not built for a days hunt afield.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mr Booty said:
There is a big difference between the two in terms of ability. The field lab is bred for intelligence and desire. Plus, there are some great looking field bred labs if one looks around.

What is a big block head? People seem to have different opions as to what a block head is. If one is refering to the big show/bench head with the dome top and big heavy body to go with it, I would say, "No thanks". This type of dog is not built for a days hunt afield.
Got him On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
________
Uggs

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
No way Vern, Booty is just taking some line. He'll spit the hook once he spools him.

Bubba :D :D :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sometimes them big old topwater plugs don't work that well this time of year. I'd try a smaller jig and maybe tip it with some bacon.

Most of the fish in this hole have already seen that bait.

Trolling Regards

Bubba
ROFLMAO :lol:

I could picture the bass just turning their heads.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Tuzo said:
??????????????????
Tuzo:

This has been beat to death here. If you do a search you can find a gazillion threads on this. Everyone sort-of came to a gentlemans/gentlewomans agreement to let it drop.

John
________
Outdoor Young

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Meleagris said:
This has been beat to death here.

John
But John, the newbies to RTF have missed all the debate and maybe Tuzo has something to add. Besides, it's Friday afternoon and the board has been a bit slow since the National.

Tuzo, bring it on!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mr Booty said:
Meleagris said:
This has been beat to death here.

John
But John, the newbies to RTF have missed all the debate and maybe Tuzo has something to add. Besides, it's Friday afternoon and the board has been a bit slow since the National.

Tuzo, bring it on!
Well Booty, you get after it--as long as it's not a British lab I don't care how it looks :wink:

John
________
Digital Vapir Oxygen Review

·
Administrator
3,826 Posts
Hey John,

Don't mind Tuzo. He just likes to stir up everything. Just check out some of his posts :( Talk about jumping in with both feet......he joined us 9 days ago and already has 55 posts :) Looks like he figured out how to start polls and picked the "color" & "look" issues to get those "old dead horses" going again.

Tired of beating the old dead horse,
Vicky

·
Registered
252 Posts
Vicky:

I agree!!!! Maybe it should be mandatory that everyone will promise not to bring up the following debates before the can start posting:

Golden vs Chessie vs Lab
British vs American Labs
Show vs Field labs
HT vs Field Trials

I'm sure there are more....
________
TEEN GIRL LIVE

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
UKC vs AKC
HT's vs "Real Hunting"

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
USC vs OU vs the SEC!

·
Registered
97 Posts
What dog food is best.
Black brown or yellow

I can hear it now... whack.. whack...whack...

3DK

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GOd Dang. You people are touchy about some issues aren't you.
I was just curiouse. And Vicki. I don't try to stirr things up. There's a post I just say what I think you might agree you might not. I really don't care. But if this topic has been beaten to death then why do you check out the post, why do you vote. and besides it's Friday, it's boring, you got anything better to do?

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I hate the expression "Block Head". I guess everyone wants a stubborn dog, eh?

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
I have a question - what's "classic looking?"

I do not associate blocky with classic looking...a good looking head is one thing blocky is another...

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

1 - 20 of 54 Posts