RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

How would you like RTF Free Classifieds to operate?

• Bumpable and Repliable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-Bumpable and non-repliable...newest on top

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
i voted answerable and bumpable (are thse really words?)
i find that i learn alot by the questions and answers.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I like responses BUT I do not think responses with "axes to grind" or those responses from individuals who don't realize that "one person's diamond is another person's chunk of coal". (Not everyone wants a derby or open dog...not everyone wants a meat dog.)

In fact, some of those potential FT dogs end up being meat dogs...my how I hate that term!

Let the buyer beware!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
pwyxit63 said:
Couldn't you learn a little more by asking your own questions Privately??

Jerry

·
Registered
323 Posts
Jerry said:
pwyxit63 said:
Couldn't you learn a little more by asking your own questions Privately??

Jerry
Jerry,

not trying to be argumentative but wanted to give another angle on this. There are many people that will not know which questions to ask or won't post or PM for various reasons. These people (often Newbies) can learn by the questions that are asked. Now that, IMHO, doesn't give us license to attack a post because we don't like the answers we get, but it gets the information out in the open and possibly into the hands of those that may need it.

Just my perception,
Cray

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
I am often interested in seeing what questions others have and, of course, the responses to those questions.

I do think that those questions, answers, and comments need to be reasonable

·
Registered
324 Posts
Posting questions and answers also save the seller from answering the same question a dozen time on separate e-mails.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
All have made exellent points and I agree totally under these circumstances.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I think the seller and buyer?s discussions should be handled in private, personally I think that is a more professional way to handle financial transactions. Q&A type discussion should be limited to the main forum I think that would keep the classifieds from getting cluttered.

So if you have a question you want only the seller to answer PM him/her and if you have question to throw out in general go to the main forum and reference the classifieds.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Apparently the solution is to allow replies, BUT to appoint a moderator.

·
Registered
220 Posts
AmiableLabs said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Any volunteers? I'd be willing, IF Chris wanted to go that route, and if no qualifications are necessary. :p

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I think set guidelines that are enforced may help.

What I'd hate to see is someone post something actionable (and some of the threads lately have been treading dangerously close to the line), Chris get all mired in someone else's mess, and decide this site isn't worth it any more.

That's what I'd hate to see.

Lisa

·
Registered
323 Posts
AmiableLabs said:

How often have we had problems with posts on the classifieds? A moderator wouldn't have much to do as the Classifieds have IMO been self sustaining and regulating up to this point. I personally don't think it's necessary if everyone "Play's nice"

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Cray Stephenson said:
AmiableLabs said:

How often have we had problems with posts on the classifieds? A moderator wouldn't have much to do as the Classifieds have IMO been self sustaining and regulating up to this point. I personally don't think it's necessary if everyone "Play's nice"
I stepped in once a couple weeks ago... but other than that, i've never had to get involved. Not sure about Chris, but i would imagine about the same.

Shayne

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In accordance with FancyDoodle, my involvement with the classifieds has been extremely limited.

I think I'm beginning to see the answer, which may have been to do nothing other than appoint a nice lady, who's been offering to help out for months, as the classifieds moderator.

But, I'll wait out the responses for a few more days.

How many of you told me I was over-reacting to some short-term stuff?!

Chris - who thinks it's easy to second-guess a decision.... but when it's not earning a profit, how does one measure that call? !! 8)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Lisa Van Loo said:
That's what I'd hate to see. Lisa[/quote

What about what's under Shayne's bed? Or some of the pictures of the some of the illustrious male posters here in thongs?

That's what I would hate to see :lol:

(steve, who was an A dog person, then went B, now back to A...this week)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts