RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Does your club hold training days for members?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
For now-I belong to 2 clubs. I joined a small club in NH because I was constantly invited to their training days even though I wasn't a member. Some of the folks post to RTF. I like the camraderie & it's invaluable to have knowledgable people design set ups & critique. The option is open not to be critiqued also. Egos are checked at the door. Some folks have hunting dogs that will never run a test & it goes from there up to Master level dogs. From the second I pull up I'm among friends who are always happy to see Kate. I feel the same about their dogs & to watch a dog progress makes it all very worthwhile.

Even though they are a small club they're looking into bringing in top notch trainers for seminars. I get more for my dues than I'm paying for & in return I'll work their tests anytime whether I'm running a dog or not.

Like Paul pointed out-I don't need training days to train my dog, but I do think it's a good thing to offer members who work hard to put on the licensed events.

M

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.