Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flash coming in w/ bird

Wanting another bird

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
He looks fantastic!! Glad he had a good time!

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rascal coming in w/ bird

closeup

All fired up for his first flyer

picking up his first flyer

Coming in with his first flyer

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coming in with his first flyer

]

Delivering his first flyer

·
Registered
847 Posts
Nice pics ! Wish we had snow or even some cold weather, Having to keep the training sessions shorter than I would like due to the heat :(

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Rascal looks like he is gonna be a monster! Awesome pics... Thanks for posting!

Chris

·
Registered
608 Posts
Nice pictures!

Rascal looks huge! He sure looks like he is gunna be a big one!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Folks,

I note the dogs running with trailing leads.

Why dat?

Eug
Well, the old dog, Flash, just has a 10 inch tab on. My guess is Lainee just didn't bother to remove it because it doesn't get in the way. Flash was just getting marks because old dogs need marks too. He is 13 1/2 and deaf, so dropping the lead on his back is as good a signal as any that he is released to retrieve.

The young dog, Rascal, is just under 5 months old, and has not been CC'd to Here, or otherwise had Here formalized. The rope is there to be able to get ahold of him, if he decides to try and run off and eat the bird, play keep away, or any other puppy type game.

Rascal has not had many birds yet, and one of them, was in fact, his first live flyer.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another reason Rascal trails a lead is because it's just away for him to "not pay it any attention" once I start formal OB. He knows it's attached to him, he knows its not something he wants to play with, so when I start formalizing leash work it isn't something new to him.

Also when he is on his way back to me, I snag the end of the lead, this way I'm not snagging at his head (reaching for the collar) or the bird, this way he doesn't think I'm after his prize, rather I let him hold on to it, get him to sit (heel if I can without any fuss) and then work informally on hold and drop.

FOM

·
Registered
877 Posts
Great Pics!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts